Keeps asking for my administrator password?

***** charles

Keeps asking for my administrator password?
Hi all,

My new Dell all of a sudden started asking for my
administrator account password periodically. I am
using Vista Home Premium. I don't know what I
did to trigger this activity since it didn't do it just
after I get it several weeks ago.

Any ideas?

thanks,
charles......

Rick Rogers

Re: Keeps asking for my administrator password?
Hi Charles,

In the middle of use or when returning from a period of non-use? I would say
you have some sort of spyware installed unless you are knowingly doing
something that requires administrative privileges.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"***** charles" <shultzjrX@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:nMeii.19032$RX.4293@newssvr11.news.prodigy.ne t...
> Hi all,
>
> My new Dell all of a sudden started asking for my
> administrator account password periodically. I am
> using Vista Home Premium. I don't know what I
> did to trigger this activity since it didn't do it just
> after I get it several weeks ago.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> thanks,
> charles......

***** charles

Re: Keeps asking for my administrator password?
If my account has administrative privilages, doesn't the
OS know and remember this so it doesn't have to keep
nagging me? If I am going to be away from it I will
turn it off so waking back up is not an issue.

later.....

> Hi Charles,
>
> In the middle of use or when returning from a period of non-use? I would

say
> you have some sort of spyware installed unless you are knowingly doing
> something that requires administrative privileges.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "***** charles" <shultzjrX@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> news:nMeii.19032$RX.4293@newssvr11.news.prodigy.ne t...
> > Hi all,
> >
> > My new Dell all of a sudden started asking for my
> > administrator account password periodically. I am
> > using Vista Home Premium. I don't know what I
> > did to trigger this activity since it didn't do it just
> > after I get it several weeks ago.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > thanks,
> > charles......

Al Van Nice

Re: Keeps asking for my administrator password?
My problem seems to be similar. I recently bought a new Dell with Vista Home
Premium installed. Now after about amonth it is asking me to reset password.
I have only 5 days left. I don't remember ever setting a password. What do
I do?

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi Charles,
>
> In the middle of use or when returning from a period of non-use? I would say
> you have some sort of spyware installed unless you are knowingly doing
> something that requires administrative privileges.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "***** charles" <shultzjrX@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> news:nMeii.19032$RX.4293@newssvr11.news.prodigy.ne t...
> > Hi all,
> >
> > My new Dell all of a sudden started asking for my
> > administrator account password periodically. I am
> > using Vista Home Premium. I don't know what I
> > did to trigger this activity since it didn't do it just
> > after I get it several weeks ago.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > thanks,
> > charles......

Al in Colorado

Re: Keeps asking for my administrator password?
My problem is similar. I recently bought a new Dell with Windows Vista
installed. After about a month, it is asking me to reset password. Says I
have only 5 days left. I don't remember ever setting up a password. What do
I do?
--
Al in Colorado