Installing or Uninstalling programs

Bob

Installing or Uninstalling programs
I keep getting error message 1500 saying another installation is in progress.
However nothing else is being installed. Attempting to install Office Pro
2003. Any suggestions ideas?

Rick Rogers

Re: Installing or Uninstalling programs
Hi,

Try the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I keep getting error message 1500 saying another installation is in
>progress.
> However nothing else is being installed. Attempting to install Office Pro
> 2003. Any suggestions ideas?

Bryce

Re: Installing or Uninstalling programs
I would install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility except that I can't
because... it gets an Error 1500. Another installation is in progress.

I have had this computer less than a week and it is already crippled. Vista
sucks.

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Try the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I keep getting error message 1500 saying another installation is in
> >progress.
> > However nothing else is being installed. Attempting to install Office Pro
> > 2003. Any suggestions ideas?

Jeronimo Costa Rica

Re: Installing or Uninstalling programs
jeronimo costa rica:
i would also install the W.I.C.U, BUT THE ERROR 1500 WONT LET ME!(another
installation is in progres.)

really need some help please.

"Bryce" wrote:

> I would install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility except that I can't
> because... it gets an Error 1500. Another installation is in progress.
>
> I have had this computer less than a week and it is already crippled. Vista
> sucks.
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Try the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
> >
> > --
> > Best of Luck,

> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> > My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
> >
> > "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I keep getting error message 1500 saying another installation is in
> > >progress.
> > > However nothing else is being installed. Attempting to install Office Pro
> > > 2003. Any suggestions ideas?

mervet

Re: Installing or Uninstalling programs
I am having the same problem, except it affects all installs that use the
windows installer. Some give the error 1500 and then the message, others
just give the message. The windows installer message comes up with almost
every new window opened. I cannot install the cleanup utility, I cannot
update programs. I have deleted the Inprogress key from the registry with no
effect. I have used a program called regcure and scanned until it comes up
clean. Still the same thing. I am of the opinion that my windows installer
program is bad but it does not seems to be available for replacement. I have
restored my computer to the earliest dat available, again without any effect.
I believe this all started with an install of Nero Ultimate 7. I have tried
to uninstall this program and office 2003, none of which will work due to the
error 1500. I have too much valuable information to start over and really
would like to find a fix. I assume there is one as the threads on this
subject just seem to stop, although I have yet to find an answer.