I need help

tutylion

I need help
when i try to reinstall it i get quicktime/itunes could not be installed
because visual basic script {vbscript} is not installed or has been disabled.
make sure {vbscript} is installed, turn off script blocking in anti-virus an
personal firewall software, re-register {vbscript} and then install. can you
please tell me where to look for {Vbscript} in vista?

then when I try to install quick time i get the installer has encountered
unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with
this package. The error code is 2738. I run Windowa Vista Premium. Please
I want to know what I can do

Thanks
Mr. Arnold

Re: I need help

"tutylion" <tutylion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when i try to reinstall it i get quicktime/itunes could not be installed
> because visual basic script {vbscript} is not installed or has been
> disabled.
> make sure {vbscript} is installed, turn off script blocking in anti-virus
> an
> personal firewall software, re-register {vbscript} and then install. can
> you
> please tell me where to look for {Vbscript} in vista?

VBscript is there and is working. The last time I looked, quicktime/itunes
was not compatible with Vista's VBscript. They were working on a Vista
version.

> then when I try to install quick time i get the installer has encountered
> unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem
> with
> this package. The error code is 2738. I run Windowa Vista Premium.
> Please
> I want to know what I can do

Wait until they come out with something compatible with Vista.

Andrew McLaren

Re: I need help
"Mr. Arnold" <MR. Arnold@Arnold.com> wrote...

> VBscript is there and is working. The last time I looked,
> quicktime/itunes was not compatible with Vista's VBscript. They were
> working on a Vista version.

Utter bollocks! The current versions of iTunes and Quicktime are fully
compatible with Vista, and they work fine. Why post incorrect, misleading
answers to the forum???

From http://www.apple.com/itunes/download:

Windows Requirements
Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 or later, Windows XP or Windows Vista

In fact the error seen by the OP is well-known when installing iTunes, and
was often seen even on XP. The problem and solution are described in this
Apple article:

The article references XP, but the same steps to fix it apply on Vista as
well (note, you must be running as administrator)

Hope it helps
Andrew

...winston

Re: I need help
Click on start menu org
In the search box type "Command" omit the quotes
Look above and right click on command prompt, select run as administrator
Type the following at the command prompt
regsvr32 vbscript.dll
Press the enter key.
..winston

:

"Andrew McLaren" <andrew@fakeaddress.com> wrote in message
> "Mr. Arnold" <MR. Arnold@Arnold.com> wrote...
>
>> VBscript is there and is working. The last time I looked,
>> quicktime/itunes was not compatible with Vista's VBscript. They were
>> working on a Vista version.

> Utter bollocks! The current versions of iTunes and Quicktime are fully
> compatible with Vista, and they work fine. Why post incorrect, misleading
> answers to the forum???

I don't think I did. You'll notice the words posted *The last time I
looked*. I glad they got version that works.

But does that mean that you come in like King Kong's rectum acting a fool?

And on top of that, who are you to be telling anyone what he or she can
post?

Do you think you are some kind of NG sheriff deputy dog in the NG? You had
better retract your *fangs* the next time, partner.

Man, all you had to say is that the stuff works on Vista and not all this
other nonsense you lip service to me about.

Mr. Arnold

Re: I need help
<snipped>

If you please could, can you post back and tell us about any of this
information you have gotten works for you?

Mr. Arnold

Re: I need help
Oh, and I pointed some other posters to that link concerning a possible
solution to make it work, back in April 2007. They posted back and said that
it didn't work. So, there you go.

Peter Foldes

Re: I need help
Arnold

You are way off base here. Andrew was correct about posting misleading info. Before posting knowing the facts would be helpful.
No pun or disrespect meant here but this has been a known issue for quite a while as was the iTunes and Quicktime was working and compatible with Vista

--
Peter

Arnold

You are way off base here. Andrew was correct about posting misleading info.
Before posting knowing the facts would be helpful.
No pun or disrespect meant here but this has been a known issue for quite a
while as was the iTunes and Quicktime was working and compatible with Vista

---------

The last time I tried to help someone with Vista with those two solutions it
didn't work for them, and at the time, I don't recall either one of them
having a Vista version. Hey, if they work on Vista cool, now I know.

But regardless, I didn't like the way the person presented himself. A person
will here from me if he or she comes out wrong, which he did just that. I am
making no executes about that.