Windows Vista Ultimate

IXIShadowIXI

Windows Vista Ultimate
If I buy a copy of Vista Ultimate, can I use that copy for all 4 computers in
my house or do I have to buy a copy for each?
--
IXIShadowIXI
P. Di Stolfo

Re: Windows Vista Ultimate
Hello,

as the EULA tells: "Before you use the software under a license, you must
assign that license to one device (physical hardware system). [...] You may
install one copy of the software on the licensed device."
So you may install it on only one computer.
In your case, I'd try if it's worth going for the
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...ydiscount.mspx
Vista family discount.

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo

"IXIShadowIXI" <IXIShadowIXI@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:3DFA2558-CFE5-4162-AA36-15B8ED4713EF@microsoft.com...
> If I buy a copy of Vista Ultimate, can I use that copy for all 4 computers
> in
> my house or do I have to buy a copy for each?
> --
> IXIShadowIXI

Richard G. Harper

Re: Windows Vista Ultimate
One copy, one computer. Same as always.

"IXIShadowIXI" <IXIShadowIXI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If I buy a copy of Vista Ultimate, can I use that copy for all 4 computers
> in
> my house or do I have to buy a copy for each?
> --
> IXIShadowIXI

Richard Urban

Re: Windows Vista Ultimate
One copy per computer. But, you already knew this.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

"IXIShadowIXI" <IXIShadowIXI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If I buy a copy of Vista Ultimate, can I use that copy for all 4 computers
> in
> my house or do I have to buy a copy for each?
> --
> IXIShadowIXI

Bruce Chambers

Re: Windows Vista Ultimate
IXIShadowIXI wrote:
> If I buy a copy of Vista Ultimate, can I use that copy for all 4 computers in
> my house or do I have to buy a copy for each?

You need to purchase a separate Vista license for each computer on
which you install it.

Just as it has *always* been with *all* Microsoft operating
systems, it's necessary (to be in compliance with both the EULA and U.S.
copyright law http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/117.html), if not
technically) to purchase one Vista license for each computer on which it
is installed. (Consult an attorney versed in copyright law to determine
final applicability in your locale.) The only way in which Vista
licensing differs from that of earlier versions of Windows (up until
WinXP, that is) is that Microsoft has added a copy protection and
anti-theft mechanism, Product Activation, to prevent (or at least make
more difficult) multiple installations using a single license.

With Vista Ultimate, it's sometimes possible to qualify for
additional licenses, at a reduced cost:

Windows Vista: Windows Vista Family Discount
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...ydiscount.mspx

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: