on what place ist the registry in Windows.old

Rene

on what place ist the registry in Windows.old
my system was crasht - i make windows Vista new on my system - now i need
infos from the registry befor - i think it is in Windows.old but how can i
read that and wher can i find that ?

thx for Help and sorry for my bad english
John Inzer

Re: on what place ist the registry in Windows.old
Rene wrote:
> my system was crasht - i make windows Vista new on my system - now i
> need infos from the registry befor - i think it is in Windows.old but
> how can i read that and wher can i find that ?
>
> thx for Help and sorry for my bad english

===================================
Maybe the following article will offer some ideas:

(932912) How to restore your personal files after
you perform a custom installation of Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932912/en-us

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Rene

Re: on what place ist the registry in Windows.old
Thx for the fast answer
that i have do but i must have the old registry - in ther are a key thet i
must have.

thx for help

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Rene wrote:
> > my system was crasht - i make windows Vista new on my system - now i
> > need infos from the registry befor - i think it is in Windows.old but
> > how can i read that and wher can i find that ?
> >
> > thx for Help and sorry for my bad english

> ===================================
> Maybe the following article will offer some ideas:
>
> (932912) How to restore your personal files after
> you perform a custom installation of Windows Vista

> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
> Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://tinyurl.com/aczzp
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

Peter Foldes

Re: on what place ist the registry in Windows.old
There is NO old registry. You have only 1 and that is what is in your system at present. Windows.old will NOT have a separate registry

--
Peter