Boot problem still there after repair!

Serco

Boot problem still there after repair!
Hi,

I just finish re-installing Vista ultimate on my PC and my boot problem is
still there. I tried the Repair utility from the DVD and it found nothing
wrong on the boot sequence of my PC.

If my boot sequence on my bios is DVD, HD, FLOPPY and I let my DVD in my
drive: No problem. If I keep the same boot sequence, but remove the DVD
from my drive: BOOTMGR missing message. If I change the boot sequence to:
HD, DVD, FLOPPY, the BOOTMGR Missing message is still there.

I see on bizarre thing. When I boot in Vista and I check in the disk
manager, my boot drive is C:. In the repair utility of the DVD, when it
check for all the OS I have, it tell me he found Vista on the D: drive.

Could you help me?

Serge

Rick Rogers

Re: Boot problem still there after repair!
Hi,

Disable bootsector protection in the system BIOS, then do a startup repair.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Serco" <Serco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I just finish re-installing Vista ultimate on my PC and my boot problem is
> still there. I tried the Repair utility from the DVD and it found nothing
> wrong on the boot sequence of my PC.
>
> If my boot sequence on my bios is DVD, HD, FLOPPY and I let my DVD in my
> drive: No problem. If I keep the same boot sequence, but remove the DVD
> from my drive: BOOTMGR missing message. If I change the boot sequence to:
> HD, DVD, FLOPPY, the BOOTMGR Missing message is still there.
>
> I see on bizarre thing. When I boot in Vista and I check in the disk
> manager, my boot drive is C:. In the repair utility of the DVD, when it
> check for all the OS I have, it tell me he found Vista on the D: drive.
>
> Could you help me?
>
> Serge

andy

Re: Boot problem still there after repair!
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 21:34:02 -0700, Serco
<Serco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I just finish re-installing Vista ultimate on my PC and my boot problem is
>still there. I tried the Repair utility from the DVD and it found nothing
>wrong on the boot sequence of my PC.
>
>If my boot sequence on my bios is DVD, HD, FLOPPY and I let my DVD in my
>drive: No problem. If I keep the same boot sequence, but remove the DVD
>from my drive: BOOTMGR missing message. If I change the boot sequence to:
>HD, DVD, FLOPPY, the BOOTMGR Missing message is still there.

The BIOS should have a setting that determines the boot priority of
the hard disks. Set it so that the disk that contains the system drive
(as reported by Disk Management) is at the top of the hard disk boot
priority list.

>I see on bizarre thing. When I boot in Vista and I check in the disk
>manager, my boot drive is C:. In the repair utility of the DVD, when it
>check for all the OS I have, it tell me he found Vista on the D: drive.
>
>Could you help me?
>
>Serge

Serco

Re: Boot problem still there after repair!
My Motherboard is an ASUS A8N-SLI PREMIUM, and I cannot find any setting in
the bios looking like Bootsector protection.

Serge

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Disable bootsector protection in the system BIOS, then do a startup repair.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Serco" <Serco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just finish re-installing Vista ultimate on my PC and my boot problem is
> > still there. I tried the Repair utility from the DVD and it found nothing
> > wrong on the boot sequence of my PC.
> >
> > If my boot sequence on my bios is DVD, HD, FLOPPY and I let my DVD in my
> > drive: No problem. If I keep the same boot sequence, but remove the DVD
> > from my drive: BOOTMGR missing message. If I change the boot sequence to:
> > HD, DVD, FLOPPY, the BOOTMGR Missing message is still there.
> >
> > I see on bizarre thing. When I boot in Vista and I check in the disk
> > manager, my boot drive is C:. In the repair utility of the DVD, when it
> > check for all the OS I have, it tell me he found Vista on the D: drive.
> >
> > Could you help me?
> >
> > Serge

Serco

Re: Boot problem still there after repair!
When I select HardDisk as primary boot device and I select my SATA drive (the
HD with Vista installed on it) the system hang and the message "BOOTMGR
missing" appear

Serge

"andy" wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 21:34:02 -0700, Serco
> <Serco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I just finish re-installing Vista ultimate on my PC and my boot problem is
> >still there. I tried the Repair utility from the DVD and it found nothing
> >wrong on the boot sequence of my PC.
> >
> >If my boot sequence on my bios is DVD, HD, FLOPPY and I let my DVD in my
> >drive: No problem. If I keep the same boot sequence, but remove the DVD
> >from my drive: BOOTMGR missing message. If I change the boot sequence to:
> >HD, DVD, FLOPPY, the BOOTMGR Missing message is still there.

> The BIOS should have a setting that determines the boot priority of
> the hard disks. Set it so that the disk that contains the system drive
> (as reported by Disk Management) is at the top of the hard disk boot
> priority list.
>

> >I see on bizarre thing. When I boot in Vista and I check in the disk
> >manager, my boot drive is C:. In the repair utility of the DVD, when it
> >check for all the OS I have, it tell me he found Vista on the D: drive.
> >
> >Could you help me?
> >
> >Serge

andy

Re: Boot problem still there after repair!
I'm going to assume you have another hard disk drive in the computer.
Select that drive to boot from.

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 20:16:01 -0700, Serco
<Serco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When I select HardDisk as primary boot device and I select my SATA drive (the
>HD with Vista installed on it) the system hang and the message "BOOTMGR
>missing" appear
>
>Serge
>
>"andy" wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 21:34:02 -0700, Serco
>> <Serco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >I just finish re-installing Vista ultimate on my PC and my boot problem is
>> >still there. I tried the Repair utility from the DVD and it found nothing
>> >wrong on the boot sequence of my PC.
>> >
>> >If my boot sequence on my bios is DVD, HD, FLOPPY and I let my DVD in my
>> >drive: No problem. If I keep the same boot sequence, but remove the DVD
>> >from my drive: BOOTMGR missing message. If I change the boot sequence to:
>> >HD, DVD, FLOPPY, the BOOTMGR Missing message is still there.

>> The BIOS should have a setting that determines the boot priority of
>> the hard disks. Set it so that the disk that contains the system drive
>> (as reported by Disk Management) is at the top of the hard disk boot
>> priority list.
>>

>> >I see on bizarre thing. When I boot in Vista and I check in the disk
>> >manager, my boot drive is C:. In the repair utility of the DVD, when it
>> >check for all the OS I have, it tell me he found Vista on the D: drive.
>> >
>> >Could you help me?
>> >
>> >Serge

Serco

Re: Boot problem still there after repair!
Yes Andy, I have another disk drive (an IDE hard disk) fill with files only,
no operating system.

"andy" wrote:

> I'm going to assume you have another hard disk drive in the computer.
> Select that drive to boot from.
>
> On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 20:16:01 -0700, Serco
> <Serco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >When I select HardDisk as primary boot device and I select my SATA drive (the
> >HD with Vista installed on it) the system hang and the message "BOOTMGR
> >missing" appear
> >
> >Serge
> >
> >"andy" wrote:

> >> The BIOS should have a setting that determines the boot priority of
> >> the hard disks. Set it so that the disk that contains the system drive
> >> (as reported by Disk Management) is at the top of the hard disk boot
> >> priority list.

andy

Re: Boot problem still there after repair!
Vista may be installed on the SATA drive, but the boot manager files
are installed on the IDE drive, which is why you're having the
problem. Disconnect the IDE drive; then repair the Vista installation.

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 15:32:03 -0700, Serco