help please on macromedia flash player....

cramerswife

help please on macromedia flash player....
i need to know how to install the macro media flash player it wont let me i
recently de installed java but nothing seems to be workin? i need some help
here
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: help please on macromedia flash player....
Download the standalone version of Flash Player from here:
http://www.softwarepatch.com/network...nload-security

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------┬*-----

"cramerswife" wrote:

i need to know how to install the macro media flash player it wont let me i
recently de installed java but nothing seems to be workin? i need some help
here

cramerswife

RE: help please on macromedia flash player....

wich one do i get?
"cramerswife" wrote:

> i need to know how to install the macro media flash player it wont let me i
> recently de installed java but nothing seems to be workin? i need some help
> here

dean-dean

Re: help please on macromedia flash player....
For Internet Explorer, this is the latest version (Adobe Flash Player
9.0.45.0):

http://download.macromedia.com/get/f...r_active_x.exe

http://www.softwarepatch.com/internet/flash.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------┬*-----

"cramerswife" wrote:

> i need to know how to install the macro media flash player it wont let me i
> recently de installed java but nothing seems to be workin? i need some help
> here

Jasmine

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Download the standalone version of Flash Player from here:
> http://www.softwarepatch.com/network...nload-security
>

> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows - Shell/User
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------┬*-----
>
> "cramerswife" wrote:
>
> i need to know how to install the macro media flash player it wont let me i
> recently de installed java but nothing seems to be workin? i need some help
> here

Jasmine

Re: help please on macromedia flash player....
Hi,
I have Vista and tried to download Flash via the Quia test site to take an
online exam. Then I tried going to Adobe. Spent 4 hours unsuccessfully.
Then I went to Best Buy where I bought my compuer (which is 2 months old) and
they tried for 2 hours unsuccessfully. They told me that Vista has known
compatability problems with Flash. They also said they only way to rectify
the problem was to reformat the hard drive and start over. They said they
said that by initially trying to download through a third party (which may
have had an older version) could have corrupted something that was not
fixable. By reformatting etc. I would loose all my software that I got
through my work (multiple user use) and I no longer work there or have access
to office which means I would not have to buy microsoft office, plus they
would charge me the "rebuild" and backing of my information. I bought my
computer on a one years financing and can't afford to spend several hundred
dollars fixing something I haven't even paid for yet.
I have contacted Microsoft, HP and Adobe and after numerous more hours was
told they don't know what the problem is.
I uninstalled any previous attempts and then tried your standalone patch,
but it does not work either.
Do you have any other solutions.
I am at my wits end.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Download the standalone version of Flash Player from here:
> http://www.softwarepatch.com/network...nload-security
>

> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows - Shell/User
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------┬*-----
>
> "cramerswife" wrote:
>
> i need to know how to install the macro media flash player it wont let me i
> recently de installed java but nothing seems to be workin? i need some help
> here

Carey Frisch MVP]

Re: help please on macromedia flash player....
Right-click on the IE icon located on the Taskbar and select
"Run as administrator". Then visit:

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/downl...ShockwaveFlash

and click on "Install Now".

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Download the standalone version of Flash Player from here:
> http://www.softwarepatch.com/network...nload-security
>

> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows - Shell/User
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------┬*-----
>
> "cramerswife" wrote:
>
> i need to know how to install the macro media flash player it wont let me i
> recently de installed java but nothing seems to be workin? i need some help
> here

John Barnes

Re: help please on macromedia flash player....
Did you run the uninstall program first, before you installed the download
version?

"Jasmine" <Jasmine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have Vista and tried to download Flash via the Quia test site to take an
> online exam. Then I tried going to Adobe. Spent 4 hours unsuccessfully.
> Then I went to Best Buy where I bought my compuer (which is 2 months old)
> and
> they tried for 2 hours unsuccessfully. They told me that Vista has known
> compatability problems with Flash. They also said they only way to
> rectify
> the problem was to reformat the hard drive and start over. They said they
> said that by initially trying to download through a third party (which may
> have had an older version) could have corrupted something that was not
> fixable. By reformatting etc. I would loose all my software that I got
> through my work (multiple user use) and I no longer work there or have
> access
> to office which means I would not have to buy microsoft office, plus they
> would charge me the "rebuild" and backing of my information. I bought my
> computer on a one years financing and can't afford to spend several
> hundred
> dollars fixing something I haven't even paid for yet.
> I have contacted Microsoft, HP and Adobe and after numerous more hours was
> told they don't know what the problem is.
> I uninstalled any previous attempts and then tried your standalone patch,
> but it does not work either.
> Do you have any other solutions.
> I am at my wits end.
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Download the standalone version of Flash Player from here:
>> http://www.softwarepatch.com/network...nload-security
>>

>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows - Shell/User

>> "cramerswife" wrote:
>>
>> i need to know how to install the macro media flash player it wont let
>> me i
>> recently de installed java but nothing seems to be workin? i need some
>> help
>> here

Jasmine

Re: help please on macromedia flash player....
yes, then shut-down and restarted. Did this several times.