office 2007 install on windows vista ultimate

Chas

office 2007 install on windows vista ultimate
I purchased a home use office 2007 enterprise edition of office 2007. When I
try to install it on a brand new laptop (ASUS VX2) running windows vista
ultimate 32 bit, Ithe install stops and says a file is corrupt or unavailable.
What file would that be? How to I replace, correct or make file available
so a microsoft product will be able to load on a microsoft operating system?

Thanks,
chas
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: office 2007 install on windows vista ultimate
Call Microsoft Support for assistance:
(866) 452-4755

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------┬*-----

"Chas" wrote:

I purchased a home use office 2007 enterprise edition of office 2007. When I
try to install it on a brand new laptop (ASUS VX2) running windows vista
ultimate 32 bit, Ithe install stops and says a file is corrupt or unavailable.
What file would that be? How to I replace, correct or make file available
so a microsoft product will be able to load on a microsoft operating system?

Thanks,
chas

Chas

Re: office 2007 install on windows vista ultimate
Is this support free or are you charged $$ ??

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Call Microsoft Support for assistance:
> (866) 452-4755
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows - Shell/User
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------┬*-----
>
> "Chas" wrote:
>
> I purchased a home use office 2007 enterprise edition of office 2007. When I
> try to install it on a brand new laptop (ASUS VX2) running windows vista
> ultimate 32 bit, Ithe install stops and says a file is corrupt or unavailable.
> What file would that be? How to I replace, correct or make file available
> so a microsoft product will be able to load on a microsoft operating system?
>
> Thanks,
> chas

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: office 2007 install on windows vista ultimate
Chas;
Exactly what version of Microsoft Office did you purchase? And from
where?
Also retail or OEM?
There is no such thing as "a home use office 2007 enterprise edition"
Enterprise means it is for organizations who are volume users.

OEM gets support from the seller and not Microsoft.
Retail is eligible for Microsoft support.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Chas" <Chas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I purchased a home use office 2007 enterprise edition of office 2007.
>When I
> try to install it on a brand new laptop (ASUS VX2) running windows
> vista
> ultimate 32 bit, Ithe install stops and says a file is corrupt or
> unavailable.
> What file would that be? How to I replace, correct or make file
> available
> so a microsoft product will be able to load on a microsoft operating
> system?
>
> Thanks,
> chas

Mike Brannigan

> Chas;
> Exactly what version of Microsoft Office did you purchase? And from
> where?
> Also retail or OEM?
> There is no such thing as "a home use office 2007 enterprise edition"
> Enterprise means it is for organizations who are volume users.
>
> OEM gets support from the seller and not Microsoft.
> Retail is eligible for Microsoft support.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org

JJ - "Home Use" is a Software Assurance Benefit where by a large corporate
may make additional copies of it volume licensed office productivity
products available for use by their employee on machines at their homes.
This includes Office System 2007 Enterprise Edition (only available under a
VL scheme).
see
http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/s...se_rights.mspx

--

Mike Brannigan
> Chas;
> Exactly what version of Microsoft Office did you purchase? And from
> where?
> Also retail or OEM?
> There is no such thing as "a home use office 2007 enterprise edition"
> Enterprise means it is for organizations who are volume users.
>
> OEM gets support from the seller and not Microsoft.
> Retail is eligible for Microsoft support.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "Chas" <Chas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I purchased a home use office 2007 enterprise edition of office 2007. When
>> try to install it on a brand new laptop (ASUS VX2) running windows vista
>> ultimate 32 bit, Ithe install stops and says a file is corrupt or
>> unavailable.
>> What file would that be? How to I replace, correct or make file
>> available
>> so a microsoft product will be able to load on a microsoft operating
>> system?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> chas

Chas

Re: office 2007 install on windows vista ultimate
Mike is correct, purchased thru my company from MS.
Full version Office 2007 enterprise. When I tried to load on computer with
win XP I did not get error. Stopped install to load on my laptop with Vista
and get error, I assume problem is with Vista.

"Mike Brannigan" wrote:

> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
> > Chas;
> > Exactly what version of Microsoft Office did you purchase? And from
> > where?
> > Also retail or OEM?
> > There is no such thing as "a home use office 2007 enterprise edition"
> > Enterprise means it is for organizations who are volume users.
> >
> > OEM gets support from the seller and not Microsoft.
> > Retail is eligible for Microsoft support.
> >
> > --
> > Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> > http://www.dts-l.org
> >

> JJ - "Home Use" is a Software Assurance Benefit where by a large corporate
> may make additional copies of it volume licensed office productivity
> products available for use by their employee on machines at their homes.
> This includes Office System 2007 Enterprise Edition (only available under a
> VL scheme).
> see
> http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/s...se_rights.mspx
>
> --
>
> Mike Brannigan
> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
> > Chas;
> > Exactly what version of Microsoft Office did you purchase? And from
> > where?
> > Also retail or OEM?
> > There is no such thing as "a home use office 2007 enterprise edition"
> > Enterprise means it is for organizations who are volume users.
> >
> > OEM gets support from the seller and not Microsoft.
> > Retail is eligible for Microsoft support.
> >
> > --
> > Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> > http://www.dts-l.org
> >

> > "Chas" <Chas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>I purchased a home use office 2007 enterprise edition of office 2007. When
> >> try to install it on a brand new laptop (ASUS VX2) running windows vista
> >> ultimate 32 bit, Ithe install stops and says a file is corrupt or
> >> unavailable.
> >> What file would that be? How to I replace, correct or make file
> >> available
> >> so a microsoft product will be able to load on a microsoft operating
> >> system?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> chas

Dennis Pack

Re: office 2007 install on windows vista ultimate
Chas:
You may have to install Office 2007 as an administrator. Instead of
using the auto-run option, explore the disk to right click the setup.exe
file to run as administrator. Have a great day.

--
Dennis Pack
XP x64, Vista Enterprise x64

"Chas" <Chas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I purchased a home use office 2007 enterprise edition of office 2007. When
> try to install it on a brand new laptop (ASUS VX2) running windows vista
> ultimate 32 bit, Ithe install stops and says a file is corrupt or
> unavailable.
> What file would that be? How to I replace, correct or make file available
> so a microsoft product will be able to load on a microsoft operating
> system?
>
> Thanks,
> chas

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: office 2007 install on windows vista ultimate
Mike;
OK that makes sense.
Except can individuals purchase that?
The document suggests that employee use is limited to the term of
employment and the Software Assurance license term.
The OP said "I purchased a home use office 2007"
It seems the license is temporary at best although the employer has no
responsibility to enforce other than notify when the license is no
longer valid.

--

"Mike Brannigan" <Mike.Brannigan@localhost> wrote in message
> JJ - "Home Use" is a Software Assurance Benefit where by a large
> corporate may make additional copies of it volume licensed office
> productivity products available for use by their employee on
> machines at their homes.
> This includes Office System 2007 Enterprise Edition (only available
> under a VL scheme).
> see
> http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/s...se_rights.mspx
>
> --
>
> Mike Brannigan
> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
>> Chas;
>> Exactly what version of Microsoft Office did you purchase? And
>> from where?
>> Also retail or OEM?
>> There is no such thing as "a home use office 2007 enterprise
>> edition"
>> Enterprise means it is for organizations who are volume users.
>>
>> OEM gets support from the seller and not Microsoft.
>> Retail is eligible for Microsoft support.
>>
>> --
>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>> http://www.dts-l.org
>>

>> "Chas" <Chas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I purchased a home use office 2007 enterprise edition of office
>>>2007. When I
>>> try to install it on a brand new laptop (ASUS VX2) running windows
>>> vista
>>> ultimate 32 bit, Ithe install stops and says a file is corrupt or
>>> unavailable.
>>> What file would that be? How to I replace, correct or make file
>>> available
>>> so a microsoft product will be able to load on a microsoft
>>> operating system?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> chas

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: office 2007 install on windows vista ultimate
Chas;
Office 2007 works and installs fine with Windows Vista.
Post details including the exact error message to an Office newsgroup:
http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

--

newsDF28FC0-66A3-4AAC-B79C-F6F77CB5579C@microsoft.com...
> Mike is correct, purchased thru my company from MS.
> Full version Office 2007 enterprise. When I tried to load on
> computer with
> win XP I did not get error. Stopped install to load on my laptop
> with Vista
> and get error, I assume problem is with Vista

...winston

Re: office 2007 install on windows vista ultimate
That's correct and the norm.
It is also fairly common that little resources are dedicated to notification. I've yet to see, read, or hear of failure to install and reactivate at a later time.

Similar to university supported programs(born by the university or endowed by other funds e.g. alumni) the cost for a full suite for Office 2003 and 2007 is very low. I'm familiar with two...corporate and edu provided where the cost ranges from $25 to 65. Very economical perk!

..winston