ReadyBoost configuration Question

Yoni

ReadyBoost configuration Question
Why do we have to manually set readyboost in a flash drive after rebooting
our system...?? I'm mean this is very uncomfortable!!

If ReadyBoost was activated and I set a flash drive to be used to improve
System performance AND the flash drive hasn't been removed from the PC why do
I have to re-set it next time Windows Boots up?? Isn't this a little
annoying?

It would be nice to have an option that would ask you if you want to
permanently use this flash drive to improve system response (readyboost) so
that way next time the PC is rebooted you don’t have to manually set it up…

Is there a work around to keep readyboost configuration after rebooting??

James Matthews

Re: ReadyBoost configuration Question
Yes you have to set it again? Why don't you just plug it in again when you
reboot!

--

http://www.goldwatches.com/watches.asp?Brand=39
"Yoni" <Yoni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Why do we have to manually set readyboost in a flash drive after rebooting
> our system...?? I'm mean this is very uncomfortable!!
>
> If ReadyBoost was activated and I set a flash drive to be used to improve
> System performance AND the flash drive hasn't been removed from the PC why
> do
> I have to re-set it next time Windows Boots up?? Isn't this a little
> annoying?
>
> It would be nice to have an option that would ask you if you want to
> permanently use this flash drive to improve system response (readyboost)
> so
> that way next time the PC is rebooted you don’t have to manually set it
> up…
>
> Is there a work around to keep readyboost configuration after rebooting??

JW

Re: ReadyBoost configuration Question
Yoni,
I never have to reset my Ready Boost and if you do you are loosing one of
the benefits of Ready Boost which is track the first 90 seconds of Boot
activity and use the data to update the PreFetch boot sequence file for
Vista prior to enabling its normal ready boost functionality.
Is you flash drive plugged directly into the computer or do you use a hub?

"James Matthews" <jamesmatt18@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Yes you have to set it again? Why don't you just plug it in again when you
> reboot!
>
> --
>
> http://www.goldwatches.com/watches.asp?Brand=39
> "Yoni" <Yoni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Why do we have to manually set readyboost in a flash drive after
>> rebooting
>> our system...?? I'm mean this is very uncomfortable!!
>>
>> If ReadyBoost was activated and I set a flash drive to be used to improve
>> System performance AND the flash drive hasn't been removed from the PC
>> why do
>> I have to re-set it next time Windows Boots up?? Isn't this a little
>> annoying?
>>
>> It would be nice to have an option that would ask you if you want to
>> permanently use this flash drive to improve system response (readyboost)
>> so
>> that way next time the PC is rebooted you don’t have to manually set it
>> up…
>>
>> Is there a work around to keep readyboost configuration after rebooting??

Yoni

Re: ReadyBoost configuration Question
Hi James,

Your post helped me to find out what's the problem... I have added a new
Lexar Flash drive "directly" to my PC. Vista does keep it configured after
the reboot and actually speeds up the booting time as promised.

Thanks