Broadband

smoke

Broadband
hello everyone
My 'Vista' enabled computer isn't too keen on my broadband connection. eg,
some days when I first start up and log on, BB is not there and hitting
'start' and 'connect'
doesn't work, then when I reboot it, the BB may be there or not. Cycling
modem does not work either and when I leave the pooter on and it goes to
sleep the BB drops out and I cant reconnect, I have to do a restart. All
worked just abfab on XP
Router is D-Link DSL504. Any help appreciated thnx
ps, I have jiggled and replugged all the cables now and again to no avail
also.
...winston

Re: Broadband
Internet Connectivity Tool for Vista
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/usi...d/default.mspx

"smoke" <smoke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D53ACA0-5E44-4B65-9CAA-15D35B751F4F@microsoft.com...
: hello everyone
: My 'Vista' enabled computer isn't too keen on my broadband connection. eg,
: some days when I first start up and log on, BB is not there and hitting
: 'start' and 'connect'
: doesn't work, then when I reboot it, the BB may be there or not. Cycling
: modem does not work either and when I leave the pooter on and it goes to
: sleep the BB drops out and I cant reconnect, I have to do a restart. All
: worked just abfab on XP
: Router is D-Link DSL504. Any help appreciated thnx
: ps, I have jiggled and replugged all the cables now and again to no avail
: also.
smoke

Re: Broadband
Done that Winston, says ok, except for one item, open ports enabled!! or
unabled or something to that effect, said congratulations you router is ok.
cheers

"...winston" wrote:

> Internet Connectivity Tool for Vista
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/usi...d/default.mspx
>
> "smoke" <smoke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D53ACA0-5E44-4B65-9CAA-15D35B751F4F@microsoft.com...
> : hello everyone
> : My 'Vista' enabled computer isn't too keen on my broadband connection. eg,
> : some days when I first start up and log on, BB is not there and hitting
> : 'start' and 'connect'
> : doesn't work, then when I reboot it, the BB may be there or not. Cycling
> : modem does not work either and when I leave the pooter on and it goes to
> : sleep the BB drops out and I cant reconnect, I have to do a restart. All
> : worked just abfab on XP
> : Router is D-Link DSL504. Any help appreciated thnx
> : ps, I have jiggled and replugged all the cables now and again to no avail
> : also.

Paul Riemerman

Re: Broadband
I was having a similar problem with broadband, a speedstream router and my
D-Link DFE-530TX+ LAN card. Was getting flaky behavior including slow
downloads in Vista, and perfectly fine speeds in XP. I replaced the LAN card
with an Intel Pro/100 M, and broadband now works perfectly in Vista.

Paul Riemerman