Activation help...I had to format my PC

Husam

Activation help...I had to format my PC
Hello Microsoft..

Two days ago I had bought a new motherboard and a processor...and once I
installed them vista fails to load and restarts and keeps resetting..I tried
recovery I tried running windows diagnosis I sent my PC to shops...I had to
format my PC and no other solution was offered...

So I had to format my PC..and now I installed windows Vista again and can't
activate it.

What is the solution please ?
dekruyter

Re: Activation help...I had to format my PC

A drastic hardware change, like a motherboard, often requires a
new/fresh reintall of the OS; you can force it to limp along, but others
seem to indicate, it's not worth it; the OS gets buggy and clunky.

--
dekruyter
Richard G. Harper

Re: Activation help...I had to format my PC
Use the telephone activation system. That should allow you to re-activate
your copy of Vista without further ado.

"Husam" <Husam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Microsoft..
>
> Two days ago I had bought a new motherboard and a processor...and once I
> installed them vista fails to load and restarts and keeps resetting..I
> tried
> recovery I tried running windows diagnosis I sent my PC to shops...I had
> format my PC and no other solution was offered...
>
> So I had to format my PC..and now I installed windows Vista again and
> can't
> activate it.
>
> What is the solution please ?

Don

Husam wrote:
> Hello Microsoft..
>
> Two days ago I had bought a new motherboard and a processor...and once I
> installed them vista fails to load and restarts and keeps resetting..

This is because the drivers for your old motherboard are not the same as
your new one.

> I tried
> recovery I tried running windows diagnosis I sent my PC to shops...I had to
> format my PC and no other solution was offered...
>
> So I had to format my PC..and now I installed windows Vista again and can't
> activate it.

This is because your product key is linked to your hardware. If you
change the hardware you will need to activate by telephone and explain
what you did. They will probably give you no trouble.

Husam

RE: Activation help...I had to format my PC
thanks alot for the input...
what's the phone number for reactivating ?

Tim

Re: Activation help...I had to format my PC
When you try to activate over the net and it fails (because your license is
already in use), the message gives you the phone number to call. I believe
it changes according to the country you are calling from. So just re-run the
activation process again.

Tim

"Husam" <Husam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news992790A-53EB-46E8-AAC9-D18C4614F248@microsoft.com...
> thanks alot for the input...
> what's the phone number for reactivating ?

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Activation help...I had to format my PC
Husam

Start the activation process and when the automatic activation fails, you
will see the telephone option and the number will be displayed on that
screen. The numbers are different in different areas.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP