Please help me friends...

Farhad

Please help me friends...
Hello,

Actually, I have problem with installing software in vista,
At first this installation request to access to registry, and i face to
below error message:

Error performing installer tasks - System.Security.SecurityException:
Requested registry access is not allowed.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowSecurityException(Exceptio nResource resource)
at Microsoft.win32.RegistryKey.OpenSubKey(String name, Boolean Writable)
at VBLibraries.Common.LicenseManager.RegistryKeyExist (RegistryKey Group,
String Section)
at ORION_V2._0.Install(IDictionary stateSaver)
The Zone of the assembly taht failed was:
MyComputer

*ORION_V2._0 is name of my software.
Then I have solved this problem,
But now I have below new error message:

Error performing installer task -
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80005000): Unknown
error(0x80005000)
at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boole an throwIfFail)
at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind()
at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_IsCont ainer()
at
System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntries.ChildEnu merator..ctor(DirectoryEntry container)
at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntries.GetEnume rator()
at
VBLibraries.Common.DirectoryServices.DirectoryServ icesManager.CreateVirtualDirectory(String WebSite, String AppName, String Path)
at ORION_v2._0.Install(IDictionary stateSaver)

I looking forwards to hear from you,
Appreciate your consideration.
--
Best Regards,
Farhad.

Don

Re: Please help me friends...
Farhad wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Actually, I have problem with installing software in vista,
> At first this installation request to access to registry, and i face to
> below error message:
>
> Error performing installer tasks - System.Security.SecurityException:
> Requested registry access is not allowed...

> *ORION_V2._0 is name of my software...

My guess is that orion is not yet compatible with Vista. I used google
to search for orion and I got too many responses for me to tell what
your software does. Does the maker of orion say that it should work
with Vista?

> Then I have solved this problem...

Please tell us how you solved it!

Farhad

Please help me friends...
Acctually ORION_V2._0 is the Off-line plant information management system for
performance monitoring system, you can check out the link below to get to
know about ORION:

http://www.mpgtech.com/voyager.html

"Don" wrote:

> Farhad wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Actually, I have problem with installing software in vista,
> > At first this installation request to access to registry, and i face to
> > below error message:
> >
> > Error performing installer tasks - System.Security.SecurityException:
> > Requested registry access is not allowed...

> > *ORION_V2._0 is name of my software...

> My guess is that orion is not yet compatible with Vista. I used google
> to search for orion and I got too many responses for me to tell what
> your software does. Does the maker of orion say that it should work
> with Vista?
>
> > Then I have solved this problem...

> Please tell us how you solved it!

Malke

Re: Please help me friends...
Farhad wrote:
> Acctually ORION_V2._0 is the Off-line plant information management system for
> performance monitoring system, you can check out the link below to get to
> know about ORION:
>
> http://www.mpgtech.com/voyager.html
>
> Appreciate your consideration,

I can't imagine why you wouldn't have contacted MPG Technologies first
with this question. This is very specific software for a very specific
usage. Contact them to see if their software is compatible with Vista.

http://www.mpgtech.com/contacts.html

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Farhad

Please help me friends...
I'm working in MPG and they told me, I should solve this problem for them,
and make their software compatible with vista, I should find the solution if
there is any solution for this error.
--
Best Regards,
Farhad.

"Malke" wrote:

> Farhad wrote:
> > Acctually ORION_V2._0 is the Off-line plant information management system for
> > performance monitoring system, you can check out the link below to get to
> > know about ORION:
> >
> > http://www.mpgtech.com/voyager.html
> >
> > Appreciate your consideration,

> I can't imagine why you wouldn't have contacted MPG Technologies first
> with this question. This is very specific software for a very specific
> usage. Contact them to see if their software is compatible with Vista.
>
> http://www.mpgtech.com/contacts.html
>

> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Richard G. Harper

Re: Please help me friends...
If the software maker doesn't want to update their software, there isn't
much we can do for you about it. Sorry.

"Farhad" <Farhad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm working in MPG and they told me, I should solve this problem for them,
> and make their software compatible with vista, I should find the solution
> if
> there is any solution for this error.
> --
> Best Regards,
> Farhad.
>

> "Malke" wrote:
>
>> Farhad wrote:
>> > Acctually ORION_V2._0 is the Off-line plant information management
>> > system for
>> > performance monitoring system, you can check out the link below to get
>> > know about ORION:
>> >
>> > http://www.mpgtech.com/voyager.html
>> >
>> > Appreciate your consideration,

>> I can't imagine why you wouldn't have contacted MPG Technologies first
>> with this question. This is very specific software for a very specific
>> usage. Contact them to see if their software is compatible with Vista.
>>
>> http://www.mpgtech.com/contacts.html
>>

>> Malke
>> --
>> Elephant Boy Computers
>> www.elephantboycomputers.com
>> "Don't Panic!"
>> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Malke

Re: Please help me friends...
Farhad wrote:
> I'm working in MPG and they told me, I should solve this problem for them,
> and make their software compatible with vista, I should find the solution if
> there is any solution for this error.

You must be kidding. You work for the company and they told you to ask a
peer-to-peer newsgroup for help instead of sitting down and rewriting
the code?

I'm sure there is a wealth of information about writing programs that
will work on Vista aimed at programmers. Start with MSDN.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
Farhad

Please help me friends...
Actually company developers have developed this software by Visual
Studio2005, and they said because Visual Studio2005 is compatible with vista
our software also should be compatible, what is your sugestion?
By the way, this software has to kind of installation, one is the Server
side second is the Client side, once i want to install the client side it
gave me the below error message:

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with
CLSID{10020200-E260-11CF-AE68-00AA004A34D5} failed due to the following
error: 80040154.

"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

> If the software maker doesn't want to update their software, there isn't
> much we can do for you about it. Sorry.

> "Farhad" <Farhad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm working in MPG and they told me, I should solve this problem for them,
> > and make their software compatible with vista, I should find the solution
> > if
> > there is any solution for this error.
> > --
> > Best Regards,
> > Farhad.

> >> I can't imagine why you wouldn't have contacted MPG Technologies first
> >> with this question. This is very specific software for a very specific
> >> usage. Contact them to see if their software is compatible with Vista.
> >>
> >> http://www.mpgtech.com/contacts.html
> >>

> >> Malke
> >> --
> >> Elephant Boy Computers
> >> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> >> "Don't Panic!"
> >> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Seth

Re: Please help me friends...
> Actually company developers have developed this software by Visual
> Studio2005, and they said because Visual Studio2005 is compatible with
> vista
> our software also should be compatible, what is your sugestion?
> By the way, this software has to kind of installation, one is the Server
> side second is the Client side, once i want to install the client side it
> gave me the below error message:

Yes, VS2005 with a service pack (forget which one) is compatible with Vista.
But that still doesn't take the repsonsibility of making sure the app
written in VS2005 is Vista compliant away form the developers. I can write
an app in WBASIC that will or won't work on a Vista machine. Same for any
other language.

> Retrieving the COM class factory for component with
> CLSID{10020200-E260-11CF-AE68-00AA004A34D5} failed due to the following
> error: 80040154.

Malke

Re: Please help me friends...
Farhad wrote:
> Actually company developers have developed this software by Visual
> Studio2005, and they said because Visual Studio2005 is compatible with vista
> our software also should be compatible, what is your sugestion?
> By the way, this software has to kind of installation, one is the Server
> side second is the Client side, once i want to install the client side it
> gave me the below error message:
>
> Retrieving the COM class factory for component with
> CLSID{10020200-E260-11CF-AE68-00AA004A34D5} failed due to the following
> error: 80040154.
>
> Appreciate your consideration.

My suggestion is what it was before - post to a Vista developers'
newsgroup or a Visual Studio developers' group or tell your developers
that your application isn't working and they need to stop being lazy and
figure it out.

Malke