going from Business to Home Premium?

JeremyNebraska

going from Business to Home Premium?
Can I go from Vista Business to Home Premium? Business does not have the
Media Center options, and when I bought my pc, it was a MCE2005 pc. If I
can, can I do so on the Microsoft web site?

Thank you,

Jeremy
Mac

Re: going from Business to Home Premium?
Don't think you can go Biz to Premium, but you can go Biz to Ultimate...

"JeremyNebraska" <JeremyNebraska@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can I go from Vista Business to Home Premium? Business does not have the
> Media Center options, and when I bought my pc, it was a MCE2005 pc. If I
> can, can I do so on the Microsoft web site?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Jeremy

JeremyNebraska

Re: going from Business to Home Premium?
Thank you Mac.

"Mac" wrote:

> Don't think you can go Biz to Premium, but you can go Biz to Ultimate...
>
> "JeremyNebraska" <JeremyNebraska@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can I go from Vista Business to Home Premium? Business does not have the
> > Media Center options, and when I bought my pc, it was a MCE2005 pc. If I
> > can, can I do so on the Microsoft web site?
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Jeremy

Richard G. Harper

Re: going from Business to Home Premium?
There is no upgrade option from Business to Home Premium, it would have to
be a "clean" install.

"JeremyNebraska" <JeremyNebraska@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can I go from Vista Business to Home Premium? Business does not have the
> Media Center options, and when I bought my pc, it was a MCE2005 pc. If I
> can, can I do so on the Microsoft web site?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Jeremy

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: going from Business to Home Premium?
You can go from Business to Home Premium if you are prepared to clean
install it.. remember though that Fax is not part of Home Premium..

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Rick Rogers

Re: going from Business to Home Premium?
Hi Jeremy,

And doing so would likely be cheaper than purchasing a full edition of Home
Premium, and would also allow you to retain any of the Business version
features that you currently use.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

> Thank you Mac.
>
> "Mac" wrote:
>
>> Don't think you can go Biz to Premium, but you can go Biz to Ultimate...
>>
>> "JeremyNebraska" <JeremyNebraska@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > Can I go from Vista Business to Home Premium? Business does not have
>> > the
>> > Media Center options, and when I bought my pc, it was a MCE2005 pc. If
>> > can, can I do so on the Microsoft web site?
>> >
>> > Thank you,
>> >
>> > Jeremy

Rock

Re: going from Business to Home Premium?
"JeremyNebraska" <JeremyNebraska@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> Can I go from Vista Business to Home Premium? Business does not have the
> Media Center options, and when I bought my pc, it was a MCE2005 pc. If I
> can, can I do so on the Microsoft web site?

There is no downgrade from Business to Home Premium, however you can upgrade
to ultimate using the Anytime Upgrade, or with an retail upgrade version of
Vista Ultimate. That will give you the media center features.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]