can anyone help me

shally

can anyone help me
why i installed adobe authorware and ulead photoimpact cant run?izzit windows
vista dint support both of this programs?if that how i can solve this
promblem,it important.Becouse during my stdying when doing asignment i need
these software.

Hope you all can help,
thank..
brink

Re: can anyone help me

Hi shally,

Do you mean you can not install them? If yes, then you may need to
have UAC on or use Compatibility mode. See the link below for more
details:

'http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/72473-installing-program-error.html'
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/72...ram-error.html)

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
brink

'_www.Vistax64.com_' (http://www.vistax64.com/www.Vistax64.com)
Please post feedback to help others.
shally

Re: can anyone help me
thank brink.it can install but when i try to open it cant open.what i mean is
cant run these application

John Barnett MVP

Re: can anyone help me
Shally, this is a copy of the reply I sent to you via email.

Unless the applications are specifically designed for Vista you are
going to have problems, especially if they are older versions. I
haven't tried Adobe Authorware or Ulead Photoimpact so I can really
comment on these. I know that Adobe Photoshop CS2 and the CS2 suite in
general works fine on Vista because I have the whole CS2 suite
running.

I notice from your newsgroup post that these applications have
installed, but will not open. You might try 'uninstalling' them and
then 're-installing' them, only this time install them in
'compatibility mode'. Locate the setup.exe file for each application,
right click on it and select Properties. In properties select the
compatibility tab and then click on the option to run the program in
compatibility mode. Select XP as the compatible system. Now install
the application and see if it works. Alternatively visit Adobe site
and ULead site to see if they have upgrades for windows Vista.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"shally" <shally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> thank brink.it can install but when i try to open it cant open.what i mean
> is
> cant run these application

peter

Re: can anyone help me
God........I hope your in grade school .....with that spelling and grammar
your College is giving you a terrible education.
peter
"shally" <shally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> thank brink.it can install but when i try to open it cant open.what i mean
> is
> cant run these application

Seth

Re: can anyone help me
"peter" <peter@nowhere.net> wrote in message
newsGffi.57077$NV3.33456@pd7urf2no...
> God........I hope your in grade school .....with that spelling and grammar
> your College is giving you a terrible education.
> peter

LOL. Shouldn't that be "I hope you're in grade school"?

> "shally" <shally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> thank brink.it can install but when i try to open it cant open.what i
>> mean is
>> cant run these application

John Barnett MVP

Re: can anyone help me
The information I received via email from Shally is that Shally lives in
Malaysia, hence the broken English. Don't give Shally a bad time. I suppose
your Malaysia spelling and grammar, Peter, is just as basic, if non
existent.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
Windows - Shell/User

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"peter" <peter@nowhere.net> wrote in message
newsGffi.57077$NV3.33456@pd7urf2no...
> God........I hope your in grade school .....with that spelling and grammar
> your College is giving you a terrible education.
> peter
> "shally" <shally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> thank brink.it can install but when i try to open it cant open.what i
>> mean is
>> cant run these application

Bob

Re: can anyone help me
Ok Peter, if youre so smart, give youre comments in german whiseguy

"peter" wrote:

> God........I hope your in grade school .....with that spelling and grammar
> your College is giving you a terrible education.
> peter
> "shally" <shally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > thank brink.it can install but when i try to open it cant open.what i mean
> > is
> > cant run these application

peter

Re: can anyone help me
I am German..........I had to learn English as a 2nd language....and French
...being Canadian.
I find that a lot of the posters...including me at times.....hack the hell
out of the English Language.
I find that in describing their problems they cannot seem to be able to put
a logical sentence together.
What is even worse is when they use Text message Language ,as I call it.

My apologies to shally.........as least she tried and was mostly
understood...unlike some native english speaking posters.
now you can all flame me!!
peter
"Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok Peter, if youre so smart, give youre comments in german whiseguy
>

> "peter" wrote:
>
>> God........I hope your in grade school .....with that spelling and
>> grammar
>> your College is giving you a terrible education.
>> peter
>> "shally" <shally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > thank brink.it can install but when i try to open it cant open.what i
>> > mean
>> > is
>> > cant run these application

John Barnett MVP

Re: can anyone help me
I have to agree with you Peter some posters do finds it difficult to put
their problems into words that can be understood, but it can be difficult
when English isn't their first language. As for 'text message' language if I
come across a post with this type of abbreviation in it I ignore it. I'm
certainly not spending valuable time trying to decipher it.