Product keys

bitsnpcs

Product keys
Hi...to the folks at Microsoft

I've been to a quite a few Microsoft road shows and events over the
years...and always there is an emphasis on how you have been "listening" to
the channel and those in business etc..etc....well can you "listen" real good
to this! I have just spent all morning stuggling to enter a product key - why
am I struggling? Because it is printed in such small type that my 50 year old
eyes can't distinguish between the Bs and the 8s....the Gs and the 6s.....Qs
and Os even with my glasses on its not easy!

Now look if we're heading towards a bunch of medialess products as seems the
trend with the OFFICE 2007 OEM versions - the least you could do is supply a
the flaming product key in a larger ledgible font - it doesn't even need to
be in bold type - just larger - save some ink by all means - just make it
BIGGER so we folks with middle aged vision can bloody read it! Its pretty
basic and its kinda insulting not to be given more consideration.

Please LISTEN and FIX!

--
Jim
Bitsnpcs
Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Product keys
Use the same magnifier that you use for your phone book.. I do.. :-)

news21A654E-DAD1-473C-AD06-303438FB536C@microsoft.com...

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Gary G. Little

Re: Product keys
Gosh ... Being a fellow baby boomer, I'm almost ashamed to admit I'm in
Jim's generation.

I remember not being able to read the ESN number on a Sprint phone. I
certainly didn't rant about it to Sprint; instead I found a brighter light,
used a magnifiying glass, or changed the font on the display window. Push
comes to shove, you can always scan and expand the copy.

Gary

"Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Use the same magnifier that you use for your phone book.. I do.. :-)
>

> "bitsnpcs" <bitsnpcs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news21A654E-DAD1-473C-AD06-303438FB536C@microsoft.com...
>> Hi...to the folks at Microsoft
>>
>> I've been to a quite a few Microsoft road shows and events over the
>> years...and always there is an emphasis on how you have been "listening"
>> the channel and those in business etc..etc....well can you "listen" real
>> good
>> to this! I have just spent all morning stuggling to enter a product key -
>> why
>> am I struggling? Because it is printed in such small type that my 50 year
>> old
>> eyes can't distinguish between the Bs and the 8s....the Gs and the
>> 6s.....Qs
>> and Os even with my glasses on its not easy!
>>
>> Now look if we're heading towards a bunch of medialess products as seems
>> the
>> trend with the OFFICE 2007 OEM versions - the least you could do is
>> supply a
>> the flaming product key in a larger ledgible font - it doesn't even need
>> be in bold type - just larger - save some ink by all means - just make
>> it
>> BIGGER so we folks with middle aged vision can bloody read it! Its pretty
>> basic and its kinda insulting not to be given more consideration.
>>
>> Please LISTEN and FIX!
>>
>> --
>> Jim
>> Bitsnpcs

> --
>

> Mike Hall
> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Stephen

Re: Product keys
On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 18:10:00 -0700, bitsnpcs
<bitsnpcs@discussions.microsoft.com> had a flock of green cheek
conures squawk out:

>Hi...to the folks at Microsoft
>
>I've been to a quite a few Microsoft road shows and events over the
>years...and always there is an emphasis on how you have been "listening" to
>the channel and those in business etc..etc....well can you "listen" real good
>to this! I have just spent all morning stuggling to enter a product key - why
>am I struggling? Because it is printed in such small type that my 50 year old
>eyes can't distinguish between the Bs and the 8s....the Gs and the 6s.....Qs
>and Os even with my glasses on its not easy!
>
>Now look if we're heading towards a bunch of medialess products as seems the
>trend with the OFFICE 2007 OEM versions - the least you could do is supply a
>the flaming product key in a larger ledgible font - it doesn't even need to
>be in bold type - just larger - save some ink by all means - just make it
>BIGGER so we folks with middle aged vision can bloody read it! Its pretty
>basic and its kinda insulting not to be given more consideration.
>
>Please LISTEN and FIX!

Get one of these:
http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?... 68&An=browse

Stephen
bitsnpcs

Re: Product keys
Firstly, I don't use a phone book anymore I use the net! Secondly, why are
you content to be inconvenienced to the extent of needing a magnifier when
Microsoft could so easily print the thing in a larger font? Why can't
Microsoft be a little more considerate?

--
Jim
Bitsnpcs

"Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:

> Use the same magnifier that you use for your phone book.. I do.. :-)
>

> "bitsnpcs" <bitsnpcs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news21A654E-DAD1-473C-AD06-303438FB536C@microsoft.com...
> > Hi...to the folks at Microsoft
> >
> > I've been to a quite a few Microsoft road shows and events over the
> > years...and always there is an emphasis on how you have been "listening"
> > the channel and those in business etc..etc....well can you "listen" real
> > good
> > to this! I have just spent all morning stuggling to enter a product key -
> > why
> > am I struggling? Because it is printed in such small type that my 50 year
> > old
> > eyes can't distinguish between the Bs and the 8s....the Gs and the
> > 6s.....Qs
> > and Os even with my glasses on its not easy!
> >
> > Now look if we're heading towards a bunch of medialess products as seems
> > the
> > trend with the OFFICE 2007 OEM versions - the least you could do is supply
> > the flaming product key in a larger ledgible font - it doesn't even need
> > be in bold type - just larger - save some ink by all means - just make
> > it
> > BIGGER so we folks with middle aged vision can bloody read it! Its pretty
> > basic and its kinda insulting not to be given more consideration.
> >
> > Please LISTEN and FIX!
> >
> > --
> > Jim
> > Bitsnpcs

> --
>

> Mike Hall
> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Rock

Re: Product keys
"bitsnpcs" wrote
> Hi...to the folks at Microsoft
>
> I've been to a quite a few Microsoft road shows and events over the
> years...and always there is an emphasis on how you have been "listening"
> the channel and those in business etc..etc....well can you "listen" real
> good
> to this! I have just spent all morning stuggling to enter a product key -
> why
> am I struggling? Because it is printed in such small type that my 50 year
> old
> eyes can't distinguish between the Bs and the 8s....the Gs and the
> 6s.....Qs
> and Os even with my glasses on its not easy!
>
> Now look if we're heading towards a bunch of medialess products as seems
> the
> trend with the OFFICE 2007 OEM versions - the least you could do is supply
> the flaming product key in a larger ledgible font - it doesn't even need
> be in bold type - just larger - save some ink by all means - just make
> it
> BIGGER so we folks with middle aged vision can bloody read it! Its pretty
> basic and its kinda insulting not to be given more consideration.
>
> Please LISTEN and FIX!

Maybe you need to update the prescription for your glasses.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Rock

Re: Product keys
"bitsnpcs" <bitsnpcs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> Hi...to the folks at Microsoft
>
> I've been to a quite a few Microsoft road shows and events over the
> years...and always there is an emphasis on how you have been "listening"
> the channel and those in business etc..etc....well can you "listen" real
> good
> to this! I have just spent all morning stuggling to enter a product key -
> why
> am I struggling? Because it is printed in such small type that my 50 year
> old
> eyes can't distinguish between the Bs and the 8s....the Gs and the
> 6s.....Qs
> and Os even with my glasses on its not easy!
>
> Now look if we're heading towards a bunch of medialess products as seems
> the
> trend with the OFFICE 2007 OEM versions - the least you could do is supply
> the flaming product key in a larger ledgible font - it doesn't even need
> be in bold type - just larger - save some ink by all means - just make
> it
> BIGGER so we folks with middle aged vision can bloody read it! Its pretty
> basic and its kinda insulting not to be given more consideration.
>
> Please LISTEN and FIX!

Sorry I meant to add, this is not the forum to send a suggestion to MS.
This is a user newsgroup, not a moderated one. If you want to send a
suggestion here are some means:

mswish@microsoft.com

http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?WS=Wish

https://support.microsoft.com/common...-US%26q%3dwish

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Product keys
Considerate enough that the key code could be read by anybody off of the
side of a computer on display in a store, on the counter of the welfare
office or insurance broker? You tell me..

And how do you use the net when in a public phone booth? Have you thought
about how large the NY or London England phone books would have to be if
produced in LARGE PRINT editions?

Pocket credit card sized magnifiers are cheap enough and small enough.. no
big deal really..

> Firstly, I don't use a phone book anymore I use the net! Secondly, why are
> you content to be inconvenienced to the extent of needing a magnifier when
> Microsoft could so easily print the thing in a larger font? Why can't
> Microsoft be a little more considerate?
>
> --
> Jim
> Bitsnpcs
>

> "Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:
>
>> Use the same magnifier that you use for your phone book.. I do.. :-)
>>

>> "bitsnpcs" <bitsnpcs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news21A654E-DAD1-473C-AD06-303438FB536C@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi...to the folks at Microsoft
>> >
>> > I've been to a quite a few Microsoft road shows and events over the
>> > years...and always there is an emphasis on how you have been
>> > "listening"
>> > the channel and those in business etc..etc....well can you "listen"
>> > real
>> > good
>> > to this! I have just spent all morning stuggling to enter a product
>> > key -
>> > why
>> > am I struggling? Because it is printed in such small type that my 50
>> > year
>> > old
>> > eyes can't distinguish between the Bs and the 8s....the Gs and the
>> > 6s.....Qs
>> > and Os even with my glasses on its not easy!
>> >
>> > Now look if we're heading towards a bunch of medialess products as
>> > seems
>> > the
>> > trend with the OFFICE 2007 OEM versions - the least you could do is
>> > supply
>> > the flaming product key in a larger ledgible font - it doesn't even
>> > need
>> > be in bold type - just larger - save some ink by all means - just
>> > make
>> > it
>> > BIGGER so we folks with middle aged vision can bloody read it! Its
>> > pretty
>> > basic and its kinda insulting not to be given more consideration.
>> >
>> > Please LISTEN and FIX!
>> >
>> > --
>> > Jim
>> > Bitsnpcs