BSOD after install of home premium 64 bit OEM

Nightwings

BSOD after install of home premium 64 bit OEM
After the install, the PC reboots then I end end up with a blue screen which
either says irq not equal or less at the top or it's another stop error but
it's always these same two.

I know there some thing about 3 or more gigs of RAM, I have 4. But the fix
for that is a KB929777 update for this problem but how do you install this
update if you can't get the windows installation to finish. I'm only making
it past the first installation step where it uses the dvd.
Duncan

Re: BSOD after install of home premium 64 bit OEM
Did you try doing what they suggest and removing some RAM before installing?
If you're not comfortable opening your computer case, get a knowledgeable
friend or a computers shop to do it for you. Of course, if you for some
bizarre reason have only one piece or RAM (1x4GB - rare!) that won't work.
An alternative is seeing if you can slipstream the Microsoft Patch into the
install disc (consists of copying the entire DVD to your hard drive, looking
for instructions on slipstreaming patches into Vista, and then reburning the
DVD).

I find it curious that you'd get that error, as the 64-bit versions are
limited to 128GB of RAM unlike the 4GB limit for 32-bit.

Cheers!

"Nightwings" <Nightwings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After the install, the PC reboots then I end end up with a blue screen
> which
> either says irq not equal or less at the top or it's another stop error
> but
> it's always these same two.
>
> I know there some thing about 3 or more gigs of RAM, I have 4. But the fix
> for that is a KB929777 update for this problem but how do you install this
> update if you can't get the windows installation to finish. I'm only
> making
> it past the first installation step where it uses the dvd.

Noel

Re: BSOD after install of home premium 64 bit OEM
That is a Ram issue. Have you tried adjusting the voltage on the ram. It will
do that if it is to low or to high.

"Duncan" wrote:

> Did you try doing what they suggest and removing some RAM before installing?
> If you're not comfortable opening your computer case, get a knowledgeable
> friend or a computers shop to do it for you. Of course, if you for some
> bizarre reason have only one piece or RAM (1x4GB - rare!) that won't work.
> An alternative is seeing if you can slipstream the Microsoft Patch into the
> install disc (consists of copying the entire DVD to your hard drive, looking
> for instructions on slipstreaming patches into Vista, and then reburning the
> DVD).
>
> I find it curious that you'd get that error, as the 64-bit versions are
> limited to 128GB of RAM unlike the 4GB limit for 32-bit.
>
> Cheers!
>
> "Nightwings" <Nightwings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > After the install, the PC reboots then I end end up with a blue screen
> > which
> > either says irq not equal or less at the top or it's another stop error
> > but
> > it's always these same two.
> >
> > I know there some thing about 3 or more gigs of RAM, I have 4. But the fix
> > for that is a KB929777 update for this problem but how do you install this
> > update if you can't get the windows installation to finish. I'm only
> > making
> > it past the first installation step where it uses the dvd.

Nightwings

Re: BSOD after install of home premium 64 bit OEM
It was the kb929777 issue. I pulled two of my sticks out of the slots which
was tricky since I'm using water cooled OCZ flex, rested them on the edge and
did the install over again. It worked fine, installed the update and then
reinstalled the RAM. All is well now.

"Noel" wrote:

> That is a Ram issue. Have you tried adjusting the voltage on the ram. It will
> do that if it is to low or to high.
>
> "Duncan" wrote:
>
> > Did you try doing what they suggest and removing some RAM before installing?
> > If you're not comfortable opening your computer case, get a knowledgeable
> > friend or a computers shop to do it for you. Of course, if you for some
> > bizarre reason have only one piece or RAM (1x4GB - rare!) that won't work.
> > An alternative is seeing if you can slipstream the Microsoft Patch into the
> > install disc (consists of copying the entire DVD to your hard drive, looking
> > for instructions on slipstreaming patches into Vista, and then reburning the
> > DVD).
> >
> > I find it curious that you'd get that error, as the 64-bit versions are
> > limited to 128GB of RAM unlike the 4GB limit for 32-bit.
> >
> > Cheers!
> >
> > "Nightwings" <Nightwings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > After the install, the PC reboots then I end end up with a blue screen
> > > which
> > > either says irq not equal or less at the top or it's another stop error
> > > but
> > > it's always these same two.
> > >
> > > I know there some thing about 3 or more gigs of RAM, I have 4. But the fix
> > > for that is a KB929777 update for this problem but how do you install this
> > > update if you can't get the windows installation to finish. I'm only
> > > making
> > > it past the first installation step where it uses the dvd.

Akira

Re: BSOD after install of home premium 64 bit OEM
I have a similar problem and wasn't sure if I should just make a new post or
i've had the same problem. I downloaded the update but I still get the BSOD
with the IRQ_NOT_EQUAL message. I tried taking one stick out and running it
with 3 gigs of ram, and I got the BSOD again, this time with the message
being "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT". I'm currently running with 2GB of ram and hope
that it will at least be stable this way.

Considering I've already downloaded and installed this update, I'm hoping
there are other solutions available that you can help me with =(.