Dual boot 32/64?

formerprof

Dual boot 32/64?
Disk 0 = Vista 32
Disk 1 = unused, unparitioned
Disk 2 = Data

I would like to install Vista 64 to Disk 1 & be able to dual-boot the two
systems using Vista's bootmanager. How can I achieve this? I have Easy BCD if
it's necessary to the process.

Note to product police: both copies are licensed, so please spare me th4e
usual homilies.

Thanks to all.

formerprof
--
ASUS P5N32SLI Plus
Intel Q6600 + 4 gb memory
IscaComps

RE: Dual boot 32/64?
I would probably disconnect drives 0 and install Vista 64 on disk 1, after
installation, connect other drive up and then use EasyBCD to the dual boot
config.

"formerprof" wrote:

> Disk 0 = Vista 32
> Disk 1 = unused, unparitioned
> Disk 2 = Data
>
> I would like to install Vista 64 to Disk 1 & be able to dual-boot the two
> systems using Vista's bootmanager. How can I achieve this? I have Easy BCD if
> it's necessary to the process.
>
> Note to product police: both copies are licensed, so please spare me th4e
> usual homilies.
>
> Thanks to all.
>
> formerprof
> --
> ASUS P5N32SLI Plus
> Intel Q6600 + 4 gb memory
> ATI X1950PRO

John Barnes

Re: Dual boot 32/64?
You can do it either with or without disconnecting a drive. Just watch your
BIOS priorities when reconnecting the drive so you can control which will be
your system drive. Disconnecting has the advantage of creating two totally
bootable systems it you have a drive failure in the future. You can always
run startup repair later if you need to.

"formerprof" <formerprof@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Disk 0 = Vista 32
> Disk 1 = unused, unparitioned
> Disk 2 = Data
>
> I would like to install Vista 64 to Disk 1 & be able to dual-boot the two
> systems using Vista's bootmanager. How can I achieve this? I have Easy BCD
> if
> it's necessary to the process.
>
> Note to product police: both copies are licensed, so please spare me th4e
> usual homilies.
>
> Thanks to all.
>
> formerprof
> --
> ASUS P5N32SLI Plus
> Intel Q6600 + 4 gb memory
> ATI X1950PRO

formerprof

Re: Dual boot 32/64?
Many thanks to you both. I used the "disconnect" method which worked perfectly.

As to the disk order, I think there are some BIOSes which use a different
order than nomal if one uses the "show boot menu" option during POST. It's
safer to set the first boot device to CD if one wants to do work of this kind
rather than risk having the BIOS scramble the normal order by using the "show
boot menu" option.

Thanks again.

formerprof