Problem with vista installation, in the start.

Christian Tue

Problem with vista installation, in the start.
Hello, i have bought Vista home premium on dvd.

When i try to install vista the first time on a new hdd, I get a screen with
a few options. I can choose to see some tools and i and start install vista.
When i Choose to start the installation, It says "Windows is loading
files..." and after that, is I see a load screen, with a load bar and the
words Windows corparation under it. But after that my computer restart, and
if I try to run the setup again, I don't get the first screen, but only the
screen with "Windows is installing files..." and the load screen, and another
restart after that.

Im trying to do a clean install, on a SATA hdd, all my hw is new, and I have
no posibility to test if it's a HW problem.
Christian Tue

RE: Problem with vista installation, in the start.
I have solved the problem, it was my RAM which was causing the truble.

"Christian Tue" wrote:

> Hello, i have bought Vista home premium on dvd.
>
> When i try to install vista the first time on a new hdd, I get a screen with
> a few options. I can choose to see some tools and i and start install vista.
> When i Choose to start the installation, It says "Windows is loading
> files..." and after that, is I see a load screen, with a load bar and the
> words Windows corparation under it. But after that my computer restart, and
> if I try to run the setup again, I don't get the first screen, but only the
> screen with "Windows is installing files..." and the load screen, and another
> restart after that.
>
> Im trying to do a clean install, on a SATA hdd, all my hw is new, and I have
> no posibility to test if it's a HW problem.

Thomas4422

RE: Problem with vista installation, in the start.
Hey Christian,

I'm trying to upgrade from prem to ultimate and it keeps saying installation
error once it gets going. I recently upgraded and replaced my original ram,
I have 2 gb now, could this be the issue, and if so, how do I fix it? Put
the ram that came with the computer back in? Plaese help if u can!

Thanks, Tom

"Christian Tue" wrote:

> I have solved the problem, it was my RAM which was causing the truble.
>
> "Christian Tue" wrote:
>
> > Hello, i have bought Vista home premium on dvd.
> >
> > When i try to install vista the first time on a new hdd, I get a screen with
> > a few options. I can choose to see some tools and i and start install vista.
> > When i Choose to start the installation, It says "Windows is loading
> > files..." and after that, is I see a load screen, with a load bar and the
> > words Windows corparation under it. But after that my computer restart, and
> > if I try to run the setup again, I don't get the first screen, but only the
> > screen with "Windows is installing files..." and the load screen, and another
> > restart after that.
> >
> > Im trying to do a clean install, on a SATA hdd, all my hw is new, and I have
> > no posibility to test if it's a HW problem.

Christian Tue

RE: Problem with vista installation, in the start.
Hello Tomas,
Hmm I'm not sure, my problem was, that I was unable to start the
installation program. But you can always try to change the RAM back to the
old ones and see what happens.
Maybe if you say exactly what the error sounds like, I can get a better
solution for you.