From Vista back to XP

Bigdave69

From Vista back to XP
Help, I currently have Vista ultimate 32, not happy with it at the moment and
want to go back to XP. I have the disks etc, but not sure how to do it. Can
anyone tell me how please
John Inzer

Re: From Vista back to XP
Bigdave69 wrote:
> Help, I currently have Vista ultimate 32, not happy with it at the
> moment and want to go back to XP. I have the disks etc, but not sure
> how to do it. Can anyone tell me how please

==================================
Maybe the following article will be useful.

(933168) How to restore a computer to a
previous Windows installation after you install
Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933168/en-us

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

XS11E

Re: From Vista back to XP
Bigdave69 <Bigdave69@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Help, I currently have Vista ultimate 32, not happy with it at the
> moment and want to go back to XP. I have the disks etc, but not
> sure how to do it. Can anyone tell me how please

I see John Inzer has answered your question IF you have done an upgrade
and IF you have the Windows.old folder and IF you have sufficient space
on your HD to do the restore.

If you don't meet the abouve requirements then you'll have to backup
all your stuff you want to save to a CD or flash drive or separate
partition and then boot on your XP disk, delete the Vista partition and
do a clean install. This will mean having to re-install all your
applications, etc and may involve a substantial amount of time and work
so...... May I make a suggestion?

Lots of people are running Vista successfully maybe you could also?

There's bunches of help here, why not give it some more time to see if
you can resolve any issues you have with it? If you do decide to go
back to XP you can do so at any time so why not give Vista some time.

Mac

Re: From Vista back to XP
Another temporary solution would be to install XP in a free virtual machine
on Vista, using Virtual PC 2007 or VirtualBox