windows vista trial period

Oscar

windows vista trial period
well it turns out i was lured into trying the windows vista home premium
edition on my computer i previously had winows xp media center edition on my
computer well now the windows vista trial period is over and i didnt quite
like it, so im not gonna buy the product key for it, but now it wont let me
acess my desk top or the start menu at all, when i turn it on it simply goes
straight to a black desk top with only 4 options 1) upgrade to windows vista,
2) re enter product key, 3) purchase product key online and acess computer to
minimal web acess to purchase key online 4) and well the 4th i cant remember
but something dumb, so now im wondering what am i to do in order to remove
it, cuz i cant acess my desk top or my start menu, and when i put my old
windows xp media center edition disk in drive it wont pick it up either. can
anyone help
--
OscarDgroucH
XS11E

Re: windows vista trial period
Oscar <lostlilgecko@yahoo.com> wrote:

> well it turns out i was lured into trying the windows vista home
> premium edition on my computer i previously had winows xp media
> center edition on my computer well now the windows vista trial
> period is over and i didnt quite like it, so im not gonna buy the
> product key for it, but now it wont let me acess my desk top or
> the start menu at all, when i turn it on it simply goes straight
> to a black desk top with only 4 options 1) upgrade to windows
> vista, 2) re enter product key, 3) purchase product key online and
> acess computer to minimal web acess to purchase key online 4) and
> well the 4th i cant remember but something dumb, so now im
> wondering what am i to do in order to remove it, cuz i cant acess
> my desk top or my start menu, and when i put my old windows xp
> media center edition disk in drive it wont pick it up either. can
> anyone help

Put the Media Center CD in the drive and turn off the computer. Turn
it back on and do whatever you need to do to enter the BIOS (hit the
delete key or one of the function keys or whatever), make sure that the
boot order is: Floppy (if you have one), CD and then hard drive. Save
and exit the BIOS and when you see the prompt Hit any key to boot on
CD, hit a key.

Setup will start and, when you're offered the opportunity delete the
partition where Vista is installed then follow the prompts and MCE will
install.

Dustin Harper

Re: windows vista trial period
Of course, you will lose all you settings and documents. It's not going to
be a downgrade, but a total clean install.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

"Dustin Harper" <dharper@vistarip.com> wrote:

> Of course, you will lose all you settings and documents. It's not
> going to be a downgrade, but a total clean install.

To the OP: What he said! Sorry, should have mentioned that, it was
implicit in the "delete the partition where Vista was installed" but I
should have added the above sentence.

BTW, if the computer was still functioning (and it's not) documents
could be saved to CD or other partitions, etc.

I read posts like the OPs and find it very difficult to believe I could
have waited as long as I did before buying Acronis True Image
(shameless plug!) or other imaging software.