vista business upgrade

dennis

vista business upgrade
I downloaded and installed the vista enterprise VHD from microsoft and am
quite impressed with its look and feel. It runs better in .5 gig of memory
than my XP VHD does. it will time out at the end of June and therein lies my
question. My company sent me a legal DVD of vista business upgrade. Can I
install this upgrade over the vista enterprise installation or do I have to
start all over. I have invested quite a bit of time configuring and
installing appications and hate to do it all over again. I found out too late
that an individual cannot purchase a vista enterprise license.
What are my options at this point?

Dennis
Mike Brannigan

Re: vista business upgrade

"dennis" <ddevries9999@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I downloaded and installed the vista enterprise VHD from microsoft and am
> quite impressed with its look and feel. It runs better in .5 gig of memory
> than my XP VHD does. it will time out at the end of June and therein lies
> my
> question. My company sent me a legal DVD of vista business upgrade. Can I
> install this upgrade over the vista enterprise installation or do I have
> start all over. I have invested quite a bit of time configuring and
> installing appications and hate to do it all over again. I found out too
> late
> that an individual cannot purchase a vista enterprise license.
> What are my options at this point?
>
> Dennis

The upgrade requires you to have a properly licensed copy of a product to
upgrade from - you do not have that in the form of the VHD as that was a no
charge 30 day eval copy.
SO if you want to use your upgrade you need to pay for a full OS to upgrade
from.
So if you are only wanting to run the Vista Business in Virtual machine you
first need to buy a license for something like Windows XP for that VM.
If you try and build a VM with just the upgrade disk without purchasing a
previous version then you are incorrectly licensed.
If you want to build a VM get your company to send you a full version not an
upgrade.
--

Mike Brannigan