How to get rid of vista?

hanhare

How to get rid of vista?
I have vist at my computer. By accident I have erased the administrator
account and now everything is locked. I want to get rid of Vista and to
return to XP. I do not care to loose everything on my hdd!

However nothing works.

Can anybody tell me how to format my HDD?

Manatee Memories

Re: How to get rid of vista?
On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 16:37:01 +0200, "hanhare" <hanhare@gmail.com> wrote,
by way of <467a8d1f$0$25485$9a622dc7@news.kpnplanet.nl>, in
microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup -->

>I have vist at my computer. By accident I have erased the administrator
>account and now everything is locked. I want to get rid of Vista and to
>return to XP. I do not care to loose everything on my hdd!
>
>However nothing works.
>
>Can anybody tell me how to format my HDD?

http://dban.sourceforge.net/ (freeware)

I suggest clicking on the link "Download DBAN for installation on CD and
DVD media".

--

Life got you down? Want nothing than to curl up with your
[insert type of fav pet here], a glass of milk, and some

http://preview.tinyurl.com/yrcz9v
http://preview.tinyurl.com/ynzgas
Mike Brannigan

Re: How to get rid of vista?
"hanhare" <hanhare@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:467a8d1f$0$25485$9a622dc7@news.kpnplanet.nl.. .
>I have vist at my computer. By accident I have erased the administrator
>account and now everything is locked. I want to get rid of Vista and to
>return to XP. I do not care to loose everything on my hdd!
>
> However nothing works.
>
> Can anybody tell me how to format my HDD?

Ensure you PC will boot form the CD/DVD drive (you will need to check in
your BIOS for this - this is different between PCs so check your manuals).
Then put in your XP CD
Reboot and boot from the disk and follow the on screen prompts
You can wipe the hard disk during the install process so no need to download
any other tools as one other poster has suggested.
--

Mike Brannigan

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: How to get rid of vista?
You will need to connect your present drive up to another system if you want
to save anything from it.. having done this, replace the drive in the
original machine and follow the advice of Mike Brannigan..

"hanhare" <hanhare@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:467a8d1f$0$25485$9a622dc7@news.kpnplanet.nl.. .
>I have vist at my computer. By accident I have erased the administrator
>account and now everything is locked. I want to get rid of Vista and to
>return to XP. I do not care to loose everything on my hdd!
>
> However nothing works.
>
> Can anybody tell me how to format my HDD?

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

hanhare

Re: How to get rid of vista?
I tried that but that does not work! It says that it misses BOOTMGR...

"Mike Brannigan" <Mike.Brannigan@localhost> schreef in bericht
> "hanhare" <hanhare@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:467a8d1f$0$25485$9a622dc7@news.kpnplanet.nl.. .
>>I have vist at my computer. By accident I have erased the administrator
>>account and now everything is locked. I want to get rid of Vista and to
>>return to XP. I do not care to loose everything on my hdd!
>>
>> However nothing works.
>>
>> Can anybody tell me how to format my HDD?
>>

> Ensure you PC will boot form the CD/DVD drive (you will need to check in
> your BIOS for this - this is different between PCs so check your manuals).
> Then put in your XP CD
> Reboot and boot from the disk and follow the on screen prompts
> You can wipe the hard disk during the install process so no need to
> download any other tools as one other poster has suggested.
> --
>
> Mike Brannigan

Dustin Harper

Re: How to get rid of vista?
Put in your XP CD, and set your BIOS to boot from CD/DVD. XP has an option
to format the hard drive during setup.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

--
"hanhare" <hanhare@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:467a8d1f$0$25485$9a622dc7@news.kpnplanet.nl.. .
>I have vist at my computer. By accident I have erased the administrator
>account and now everything is locked. I want to get rid of Vista and to
>return to XP. I do not care to loose everything on my hdd!
>
> However nothing works.
>
> Can anybody tell me how to format my HDD?

John Barnett MVP

Re: How to get rid of vista?
visit these two links on my XP Help and Support website:
http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org/how...d_drive_us.htm
http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org/how...windows_xp.htm

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

news:467a9a48$0$25496$9a622dc7@news.kpnplanet.nl.. .
>I tried that but that does not work! It says that it misses BOOTMGR...

During the setup do not just format; actually delete the partition and
create a new one.

--

Mike Brannigan