Have full version of Vista, want to set up 2nd computer

its teh dmv

Have full version of Vista, want to set up 2nd computer
I bought a full version of Vista home prem. and I now want to install Vista
on a new machine. Can I just buy an upgrade for my second machine? I would
install the full version, then install the upgrade over that. is this
possible?
Chad Harris

Re: Have full version of Vista, want to set up 2nd computer
Hi ITD--

As in XP it's one Vista per one machine. If you have a Vista activated on
one box, that's it. You certainly can do any upgrading you want on that one
box.

Office 2007 can still be installed on one desktop and one other box.

If you decide to put Vista on another computer you can, but it's one vista
on one box at a time so you won't be able to activate it on two boxes
***concomittantly.***

Good luck,

CH

Congrats to "Rudy 911" who actually facilitated 911 by his incompetence
(police and EMT and fire can't communicate in NYC to this second) whose
state campaign chairman was indicted yesterday for cocaine distribution, and
whose former police commisioner is soon to be federally indicted. Gimme
some good ole time family values.

Congrats to Scooter heading for the slam who today recieved the news that he
managed to get the same panel who has ruled against him twice from the D.C.
Circuit who denied the celebrety amicus law professors who filed a
ridiculous brief (considering one of them was Alan Dershowitz and one of
them was Doug Kmieck) the leave to participate at the appellate level in
Libby's "don't send white men who worked in the scumbag Whitehouse with
connections" to the slam.

I wonder if his multimillion dollar billable hours appellate team and the
obnoxious arrogant Lawrence S. Robbins who tried to bully Judge Reggie
Walton have the seminiferous tubules to tell Scooter it ain't lookin' good
now.

"its teh dmv" <its teh dmv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I bought a full version of Vista home prem. and I now want to install Vista
> on a new machine. Can I just buy an upgrade for my second machine? I
> would
> install the full version, then install the upgrade over that. is this
> possible?

Bruce Chambers

its teh dmv wrote:
> I bought a full version of Vista home prem. and I now want to install Vista
> on a new machine. Can I just buy an upgrade for my second machine?

If you already have a license for (and a validated installation of) an
earlier qualifying operating system, ceretainly.

> I would
> install the full version, then install the upgrade over that. is this
> possible?

No. And it's also a violation of the EULA.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

John Inzer

its teh dmv wrote:
> I bought a full version of Vista home prem. and I now want to install
> Vista on a new machine. Can I just buy an upgrade for my second
> machine? I would install the full version, then install the upgrade
> over that. is this possible?

===========================
The following article may be worth a look:

Windows Vista Family Discount
http://tinyurl.com/2mhhz4

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

corney

RE: Have full version of Vista, want to set up 2nd computer
Could get linux and not spend any more money
Richard Urban

Re: Have full version of Vista, want to set up 2nd computer
He **wants** to install Vista. That is why he is asking about Vista.

Boy, are you Linux zealots dumb.