Installing Vista Home Premium with Vista Business CDs

thekidzz

Installing Vista Home Premium with Vista Business CDs
Hi, I have a valid licence for Vista Home Premium that came with my new
laptop. However, for business purposes, I had to purchase and install a
clean versino of Vista Business. I would now like to use the valid licence
of Home Premium that came with my laptop on my home desktop but I do not have
any CDs for it. The laptop only came with a recovery partition.

Can I use my Vista Businiss CD to install Home Premium with my Home Premium
licence?

Thanks,
Mike

Tim

Re: Installing Vista Home Premium with Vista Business CDs
Sorry...the Vista Home Premium license that came on your laptop is an OEM
license. That means it is good for only that laptop and cannot be legally
used on a different PC.

Tim

"thekidzz" <thekidzz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have a valid licence for Vista Home Premium that came with my new
> laptop. However, for business purposes, I had to purchase and install a
> clean versino of Vista Business. I would now like to use the valid
> licence
> of Home Premium that came with my laptop on my home desktop but I do not
> have
> any CDs for it. The laptop only came with a recovery partition.
>

> Can I use my Vista Businiss CD to install Home Premium with my Home
> Premium
> licence?
>

> Thanks,
> Mike

Bruce Chambers

thekidzz wrote:
> Hi, I have a valid licence for Vista Home Premium that came with my new
> laptop. However, for business purposes, I had to purchase and install a
> clean versino of Vista Business. I would now like to use the valid licence
> of Home Premium that came with my laptop on my home desktop but I do not have
> any CDs for it. The laptop only came with a recovery partition.

You can't do that. By your own admission, you have an OEM license for
WinXP that came with the laptopl. An OEM version must be sold with a
piece of hardware (normally a motherboard or hard drive, if not an
entire PC) and is _permanently_ bound to the first PC on which it's
installed. An OEM license, once installed, is not legally transferable
to another computer under _any_ circumstances.

> Can I use my Vista Businiss CD to install Home Premium with my Home Premium
> licence?

No, of course not. They're two entirely separate operating systems.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm