Changing language [Korean to English]

jenn84

Changing language [Korean to English]
Hi!
I'm not the best with computers and I tried to solve the problem myself, but
failed...
My dad bought me this TX series laptop [VGN-TX55L/W] from Korea. I want to
change the language to English and I tried all of the suggestions, changing
all the language settings to English, but everything is still in Korean!!
Please help me!!!!!!!!
Thank you~!
Richard G. Harper

Re: Changing language [Korean to English]
Unless the laptop has Vista Ultimate Edition installed, you cannot change
languages.

"jenn84" <jenn84@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
> I'm not the best with computers and I tried to solve the problem myself,
> but
> failed...
> My dad bought me this TX series laptop [VGN-TX55L/W] from Korea. I want to
> change the language to English and I tried all of the suggestions,
> changing
> all the language settings to English, but everything is still in Korean!!
> Please help me!!!!!!!!
> Thank you~!

Bruce Chambers

jenn84 wrote:
> Hi!
> I'm not the best with computers and I tried to solve the problem myself, but
> failed...
> My dad bought me this TX series laptop [VGN-TX55L/W] from Korea. I want to
> change the language to English and I tried all of the suggestions, changing
> all the language settings to English, but everything is still in Korean!!
> Please help me!!!!!!!!
> Thank you~!

The only way would be to purchase an English version of Vista and
perform a clean installation. It's not possible to convert or upgrade
from one language to another. (Unless you have the English version of
Vista Ultimate, so that you can use the MUI feature.)

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Steven

Re: Changing language [Korean to English]
I knew it would be a mistake to buy Windows Vista. I just didn't know when I
was going to get that feeling. I'm really upset that SE Asian language input
options are not available on Vista Premium. There was absolutely *NO*
disclosure about that on the product comparisons on Windows ads. Under XP, it
was really easy. Is there any way to exchange this Vista OEM for XP?

> jenn84 wrote:
> > Hi!
> > I'm not the best with computers and I tried to solve the problem myself, but
> > failed...
> > My dad bought me this TX series laptop [VGN-TX55L/W] from Korea. I want to
> > change the language to English and I tried all of the suggestions, changing
> > all the language settings to English, but everything is still in Korean!!
> > Please help me!!!!!!!!
> > Thank you~!

> The only way would be to purchase an English version of Vista and
> perform a clean installation. It's not possible to convert or upgrade
> from one language to another. (Unless you have the English version of
> Vista Ultimate, so that you can use the MUI feature.)
>

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. -Bertrand Russell

Aamir Butt

Re: Changing language [Korean to English]
I think Mr Richard G. Harper has replied is not the solution of query. He
better find solution.
--
aamirnazir_butt@yahoo.com