Re-Installing Windows Vista

David K

Re-Installing Windows Vista
I recently bought a new pc, with Vista Home Basic pre installed. Due to a
Virus i got i had to wipe the system and re-install vista. Now when i try and
activate it i cannot, its saying its already in use. Can anyone help? any
suggestions
Dave

Re: Re-Installing Windows Vista

If the online activation fails, there is an option doing via telephone.
Explain what happened, and they will give you a new key.

"David K" <David K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently bought a new pc, with Vista Home Basic pre installed. Due to a
> Virus i got i had to wipe the system and re-install vista. Now when i try
> and
> activate it i cannot, its saying its already in use. Can anyone help? any
> suggestions

David K

Re: Re-Installing Windows Vista
thanks man i hope that'll work

"Dave" wrote:

> If the online activation fails, there is an option doing via telephone.
> Explain what happened, and they will give you a new key.
>

> "David K" <David K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I recently bought a new pc, with Vista Home Basic pre installed. Due to a
> > Virus i got i had to wipe the system and re-install vista. Now when i try
> > and
> > activate it i cannot, its saying its already in use. Can anyone help? any
> > suggestions

John Barnett MVP

Re: Re-Installing Windows Vista
Choose the telephone option and dial the automated activation line. Make
sure you are in front of your pc when you call and that your pc is 'on'. You
will need to input a set of numbers into your telephone keypad once you are
connected to the activation line ( the numbers will be displayed on your
screen when you click on the 'telephone activation' option. The automated
line will then give you another set of numbers to type into the dialogue box
on your screen. If activation fails then 'stay' on the line and you will be
transferred to a 'real' person who should be able to help you.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org