DVD driver... why ?

poiuytrez

DVD driver... why ?
Hi,

I try to install windows vista on my pc, but it ask me the driver of the dvd
reader...
But Vista read on the dvd reader... So I don't understant why he asked me
that...

Thank you for your help.

Bonjour,

J'essaye d'installer windows vista sur mon ordinateur, mais au début de
l'installation j'ai un problème. J'obtiens le message d'erreur suivant :
"Un pilote de lecteur CD/DVD manque.
Si vous disposez d'une disquette, d'un CD, DVD ou lecteur falsh USB
contenant le pilote, insérez le maintenant.
Remarque : Si le support d'installation de Windows se trouve dans le lecteur
de CD/DVD, vous pouvez l'oter sans problème pour cette étape"

Le truc c'est que Windows vista arrive * lire mon dvd d'installation ! Je ne
comprends donc pas pourquoi il me demande donc le pilote du lecteur dvd...

Merci de votre aide.
Mac

Re: DVD driver... why ?
Maybe to install a dedicated driver rather than continue using a generic
one?

"poiuytrez" <poiuytrez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I try to install windows vista on my pc, but it ask me the driver of the
> dvd
> reader...
> But Vista read on the dvd reader... So I don't understant why he asked me
> that...
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Bonjour,
>
> J'essaye d'installer windows vista sur mon ordinateur, mais au début de
> l'installation j'ai un problème. J'obtiens le message d'erreur suivant :
> "Un pilote de lecteur CD/DVD manque.
> Si vous disposez d'une disquette, d'un CD, DVD ou lecteur falsh USB
> contenant le pilote, insérez le maintenant.
> Remarque : Si le support d'installation de Windows se trouve dans le
> lecteur
> de CD/DVD, vous pouvez l'oter sans problème pour cette étape"
>
> Le truc c'est que Windows vista arrive * lire mon dvd d'installation ! Je
> ne
> comprends donc pas pourquoi il me demande donc le pilote du lecteur dvd...
>
> Merci de votre aide.

Jim

Re: DVD driver... why ?

"poiuytrez" <poiuytrez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I try to install windows vista on my pc, but it ask me the driver of the
> dvd
> reader...
> But Vista read on the dvd reader... So I don't understant why he asked me
> that...
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Bonjour,
>
> J'essaye d'installer windows vista sur mon ordinateur, mais au dbut de
> l'installation j'ai un problme. J'obtiens le message d'erreur suivant :
> "Un pilote de lecteur CD/DVD manque.
> Si vous disposez d'une disquette, d'un CD, DVD ou lecteur falsh USB
> contenant le pilote, insrez le maintenant.
> Remarque : Si le support d'installation de Windows se trouve dans le
> lecteur
> de CD/DVD, vous pouvez l'oter sans problme pour cette tape"
>
> Le truc c'est que Windows vista arrive lire mon dvd d'installation ! Je
> ne
> comprends donc pas pourquoi il me demande donc le pilote du lecteur dvd...
>
> Merci de votre aide.

You installed Windows with the driver in the BIOS. Windows does not use
BIOS drivers; therefore,
Windows is now asking for a driver for your particular device.
Jim

poiuytrez

Re: DVD driver... why ?
Hi,

But I search on teh internet a dedicaced driver, but I didn't find any,
there is only some firmaware...
And Windows XP works with the generic driver...

Thank you for your help.

"Jim" wrote:

> "poiuytrez" <poiuytrez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I try to install windows vista on my pc, but it ask me the driver of the
> > dvd
> > reader...
> > But Vista read on the dvd reader... So I don't understant why he asked me
> > that...
> >
> > Thank you for your help.
> >
> > Bonjour,
> >
> > J'essaye d'installer windows vista sur mon ordinateur, mais au début de
> > l'installation j'ai un problème. J'obtiens le message d'erreur suivant :
> > "Un pilote de lecteur CD/DVD manque.
> > Si vous disposez d'une disquette, d'un CD, DVD ou lecteur falsh USB
> > contenant le pilote, insérez le maintenant.
> > Remarque : Si le support d'installation de Windows se trouve dans le
> > lecteur
> > de CD/DVD, vous pouvez l'oter sans problème pour cette étape"
> >
> > Le truc c'est que Windows vista arrive * lire mon dvd d'installation ! Je
> > ne
> > comprends donc pas pourquoi il me demande donc le pilote du lecteur dvd...
> >
> > Merci de votre aide.

> You installed Windows with the driver in the BIOS. Windows does not use
> BIOS drivers; therefore,
> Windows is now asking for a driver for your particular device.
> Jim

poiuytrez

Re: DVD driver... why ?
My DVD drive is a NEC , model :
DV-5700A

Thanks.

"poiuytrez" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> But I search on teh internet a dedicaced driver, but I didn't find any,
> there is only some firmaware...
> And Windows XP works with the generic driver...
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> "Jim" wrote:
>

> > "poiuytrez" <poiuytrez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I try to install windows vista on my pc, but it ask me the driver of the
> > > dvd
> > > reader...
> > > But Vista read on the dvd reader... So I don't understant why he asked me
> > > that...
> > >
> > > Thank you for your help.
> > >
> > > Bonjour,
> > >
> > > J'essaye d'installer windows vista sur mon ordinateur, mais au début de
> > > l'installation j'ai un problème. J'obtiens le message d'erreur suivant :
> > > "Un pilote de lecteur CD/DVD manque.
> > > Si vous disposez d'une disquette, d'un CD, DVD ou lecteur falsh USB
> > > contenant le pilote, insérez le maintenant.
> > > Remarque : Si le support d'installation de Windows se trouve dans le
> > > lecteur
> > > de CD/DVD, vous pouvez l'oter sans problème pour cette étape"
> > >
> > > Le truc c'est que Windows vista arrive * lire mon dvd d'installation ! Je
> > > ne
> > > comprends donc pas pourquoi il me demande donc le pilote du lecteur dvd...
> > >
> > > Merci de votre aide.

> > You installed Windows with the driver in the BIOS. Windows does not use
> > BIOS drivers; therefore,
> > Windows is now asking for a driver for your particular device.
> > Jim

WBurchnall

Re: DVD driver... why ?

Is it showing up in your My Computer? Have you tried removing your upper
and lower filters within your Registry? Maybe that's what's causing it
to ask for a driver?

If not, do you know how to do this? This KB article explains how to do
it:

'Optical drives do not work as expected after you upgrade a computer to
Windows Vista' (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461)

--
WBurchnall
poiuytrez

Re: DVD driver... why ?
Thanks, but Windows Vista is not yet installed. I am at the beginning of the
installation and it ask me the driver :'(

"WBurchnall" wrote:

> Is it showing up in your My Computer? Have you tried removing your upper
> and lower filters within your Registry? Maybe that's what's causing it
> to ask for a driver?
>
> If not, do you know how to do this? This KB article explains how to do
> it:
>
> 'Optical drives do not work as expected after you upgrade a computer to
> Windows Vista' (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461)
>

> --
> WBurchnall

Brett I. Holcomb

Re: DVD driver... why ?
I had the same problem - booted off the DVD, started the install then
whined about needing drivers. I ended up putting in an old DVD reader
and Vista installed.

After the install it said it found the drivers for the drive and
installed them when I started Vista. However, at that point the drive
showed up but I couldn't see any files on it. I tried the filter KB
article and only had a lower filter. I still don't have a fix for it.

poiuytrez wrote:
> Thanks, but Windows Vista is not yet installed. I am at the beginning of the
> installation and it ask me the driver :'(
>
> "WBurchnall" wrote:
>
>> Is it showing up in your My Computer? Have you tried removing your upper
>> and lower filters within your Registry? Maybe that's what's causing it
>> to ask for a driver?
>>
>> If not, do you know how to do this? This KB article explains how to do
>> it:
>>
>> 'Optical drives do not work as expected after you upgrade a computer to
>> Windows Vista' (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461)
>>

>> --
>> WBurchnall

CliveW

Re: DVD driver... why ?

Well that worked!!!

I took the Liteon drive out of the system and fitted a DVD-ROM from an
old system.

Sorry I can't tell you what make it is, no name on the case and Device
Manager shows Generic, all I know is it a x16 and was manufactured Dec
'02.

Vista is up and running, now I can start adding bits to the system - I
always start with the minimum and add things one at a time (less
unknowns that way) and I don't do the activation bit until everything is
fitted and has worked for a few days...

Good luck.

--
CliveW