Tomtom home installation

Tom tom one user

Tomtom home installation
I have a toshiba laptop with windows vista home premium installed. I am
trying to install tomtom home (1.5 latest which supports windows vista) but
after installation, when I run tomtom home it the computer is saying 'tomtom
stopped working and windows is trying to find a solution' after it is written
that no solution found.
I tried several things, installed previous software, uninstalled antivirus,
tried windows copatibility program but nothing resolved my problem.
Any suggestions??
Rick Rogers

Re: Tomtom home installation
Hi,

You need to take this issue up with the software vendor's support, they
should be able to assist you with errors related to their program.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Tom tom one user" <Tom tom one user@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:7F643AA8-17EA-4C08-A962-176CE4F65B01@microsoft.com...
>I have a toshiba laptop with windows vista home premium installed. I am
> trying to install tomtom home (1.5 latest which supports windows vista)
> but
> after installation, when I run tomtom home it the computer is saying
> 'tomtom
> stopped working and windows is trying to find a solution' after it is
> written
> that no solution found.
> I tried several things, installed previous software, uninstalled
> antivirus,
> tried windows copatibility program but nothing resolved my problem.
> Any suggestions??

Tom tom one user

Re: Tomtom home installation
I did ask tomtom but it didn't work. They told me to use another computer.
This program works perfectly on my old pc but not on the laptop
Any more suggestions

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You need to take this issue up with the software vendor's support, they
> should be able to assist you with errors related to their program.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Tom tom one user" <Tom tom one user@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:7F643AA8-17EA-4C08-A962-176CE4F65B01@microsoft.com...
> >I have a toshiba laptop with windows vista home premium installed. I am
> > trying to install tomtom home (1.5 latest which supports windows vista)
> > but
> > after installation, when I run tomtom home it the computer is saying
> > 'tomtom
> > stopped working and windows is trying to find a solution' after it is
> > written
> > that no solution found.
> > I tried several things, installed previous software, uninstalled
> > antivirus,
> > tried windows copatibility program but nothing resolved my problem.
> > Any suggestions??

PvdG42

message news:A722DD7E-714A-4EAA-B22F-A81542A6EA7B@microsoft.com...
>I did ask tomtom but it didn't work. They told me to use another computer.
> This program works perfectly on my old pc but not on the laptop
> Any more suggestions

Yes.

*They* certified their software as Vista-compatible, then told you "use a
different computer"?
Sounds like a horrible level one "get rid of the caller" ploy.
Get the failure details together, then ask for a supervisor.

Tom tom one user

Re: Tomtom home installation
They did pass the query on to level 2. But the answers were without effect.
They told me to uninstall and reinstall the software. No use.
The problem is with the software that cannot be run on my Toshiba laptop.
It's not an old laptop, intel core 2 duo 1.86, 1g memory etc...
Any suggestions?

"PvdG42" wrote:

> "Tom tom one user" <Tomtomoneuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:A722DD7E-714A-4EAA-B22F-A81542A6EA7B@microsoft.com...
> >I did ask tomtom but it didn't work. They told me to use another computer.
> > This program works perfectly on my old pc but not on the laptop
> > Any more suggestions
> >

> Yes.

> *They* certified their software as Vista-compatible, then told you "use a
> different computer"?
> Sounds like a horrible level one "get rid of the caller" ploy.
> Get the failure details together, then ask for a supervisor.

Rick Rogers

Re: Tomtom home installation
Hi,

I think you may be missing the point. It has naught to do with the hardware.
Unless there is an issue with the Vista install functioning improperly (say,
other programs aren't running properly either), if the software is supposed
to be Vista compatible it should work. If it isn't working and the system is
working otherwise, then the software vendor needs to resolve the issue as
Vista is doing what it's supposed to do.

--

message news:B509813D-0C23-4558-B4F8-41635B0048D8@microsoft.com...