Setting up PC to run through TV

Ashley

Setting up PC to run through TV
I can't figure out how to run my computer through my TV. We have 32" Screen
TV and a 22" Computer moniter. We can get some things to run through the TV
while others run through the comp. We have it all connected with S-video
cables and everything, but we can't quite figure out the "control panel" part
of it! PLEASE HELP ME!
IscaComps

RE: Setting up PC to run through TV
This can kind of depend on the graphics card in use.
Sometimes a TV will be auto detected by the computer whilst it is on, other
times it won't, in which a shut and reboot is required.
You can sometimes force a detection in the graphic card advanced settings,
but this does depend on the make of card and the software you are using.
Another issue that can impact playback on TV is "video overlay", again a
setting that can be adjusted in the video card settings.

Nvidia control panels are fairly easy to work with, i don't have a enough
knowledge about ATI cards though.

Hope this kind of gets you in the right direction.

Thanks
Scott

"Ashley" wrote:

> I can't figure out how to run my computer through my TV. We have 32" Screen
> TV and a 22" Computer moniter. We can get some things to run through the TV
> while others run through the comp. We have it all connected with S-video
> cables and everything, but we can't quite figure out the "control panel" part
> of it! PLEASE HELP ME!

Alan T

Re: Setting up PC to run through TV
Have you tried D-Sub?

My plasma TV does not display well when my computer setting in 1024x768 when
connected to DVI, so I tried to connect via D-Sub, it's good.