Vista Sysprep with Symantec Antivirus

MitchW

Vista Sysprep with Symantec Antivirus
Hello,

I have an image that works fine until I add the Enterprise Edition of
Symantec Antivirus 10.2 on the unit. If I attempt to run sysprep to capture
the image I get the error "A fatal error occured while trying to sysprep
this machine". Once the system reboots it displays the usual "Please wait a
moment while Windows prepares to start for the first time." then I get
"Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this
computer, restart the installation."

I know the issue is with Symantec AntiVirus, but does anyone have a solution
other than to leave it out of the image?

thanks,
mitch

Ken W

RE: Vista Sysprep with Symantec Antivirus
We have just finished deploying an initial Enterprise Image of Vista
Enterprise with Symantec AV 10.2, without any issues with sysprep. I can not
speculate a reason for your issue but it may not be SAV.
--
K. Willey

"MitchW" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have an image that works fine until I add the Enterprise Edition of
> Symantec Antivirus 10.2 on the unit. If I attempt to run sysprep to capture
> the image I get the error "A fatal error occured while trying to sysprep
> this machine". Once the system reboots it displays the usual "Please wait a
> moment while Windows prepares to start for the first time." then I get
> "Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this
> computer, restart the installation."
>
> I know the issue is with Symantec AntiVirus, but does anyone have a solution
> other than to leave it out of the image?
>
> thanks,
> mitch

James Matthews

Re: Vista Sysprep with Symantec Antivirus
See if you have any other drivers in there?

--

http://www.goldwatches.com/watches.asp?Brand=39