How do I deactivate my Vista PID so I can activate it on new nachi

alzaba

How do I deactivate my Vista PID so I can activate it on new nachi
I've spent hours trying to find a MS phone number human who can help - but
with no sucess. I need to deactivate my Vista PID so it can then be
reactivated on a new computer - SO FAR ITS IMPOSSIBLE - the activation center
human says she only knows how to activate - not deactivate.

PLEASE HELP ME!!
DevilsPGD

Re: How do I deactivate my Vista PID so I can activate it on new nachi
In message <8E2BA3BE-5138-4C64-BE92-9378C1DE6090@microsoft.com> alzaba
<alzaba@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I've spent hours trying to find a MS phone number human who can help - but
>with no sucess. I need to deactivate my Vista PID so it can then be
>reactivated on a new computer - SO FAR ITS IMPOSSIBLE - the activation center
>human says she only knows how to activate - not deactivate.
>
>PLEASE HELP ME!!

You don't deactivate, you simply install and activate on the new
machine.

--
If quitters never win, and winners never quit,
what fool came up with, "Quit while you're ahead"?
Richard G. Harper

Re: How do I deactivate my Vista PID so I can activate it on new nachi
You don't de-activate a copy of Vista. When you re-activate it on a new
computer that suffices.

"alzaba" <alzaba@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've spent hours trying to find a MS phone number human who can help - but
> with no sucess. I need to deactivate my Vista PID so it can then be
> reactivated on a new computer - SO FAR ITS IMPOSSIBLE - the activation
> center
> human says she only knows how to activate - not deactivate.
>
> PLEASE HELP ME!!

Bruce Chambers

alzaba wrote:
> I've spent hours trying to find a MS phone number human who can help - but
> with no sucess. I need to deactivate my Vista PID so it can then be
> reactivated on a new computer - SO FAR ITS IMPOSSIBLE - the activation center
> human says she only knows how to activate - not deactivate.
>
> PLEASE HELP ME!!

There is *no* de-activation process, per se. Assuming a retail license
(OEM licenses are not transferable), all you need do is remove Vista
from thew first computer, and then install and activate it on the new
computer.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Rock

Re: How do I deactivate my Vista PID so I can activate it on new nachi
"alzaba" <alzaba@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> I've spent hours trying to find a MS phone number human who can help - but
> with no sucess. I need to deactivate my Vista PID so it can then be
> reactivated on a new computer - SO FAR ITS IMPOSSIBLE - the activation
> center
> human says she only knows how to activate - not deactivate.

Is your copy of Vista a retail or OEM version? Retail versions can be moved
to a different computer, OEM versions, per the license, cannot. Assuming
it's a retail version, then just uninstall it from the original computer and
reinstall on the new one. Do the phone activation. There is no
deactivation.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]