Vista Optima Home Network Problem

One complete fool

Vista Optima Home Network Problem

I have just installed Windows Vista Optima 32-bit edition on one of my
home computers. The rest are running Windows XP

I have turned off the firewall.
I have turned on network discovery, file sharing, printer sharing,
media sharing.
I have put it on the same peer-to-peer network.

I have also setup shares with "everyone" permissions for
read/write/change.

Still, my Vista machine does not "see" any other computers on my
network.

All my XP computers "see" the Vista computer but cannont connect to it
or to any of the shares.

Is there something I missed about connecting Vista to a peer-to-peer
network?

One complete fool

Re: Vista Optima Home Network Problem
On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 08:33:46 -0400, One complete fool wrote:

Can someone just give me a hint on this, Please? I am really getting
frustrated. What have I possibly missed?

I can ping the computer and it replies!

Please!?!?

>I have just installed Windows Vista Optima 32-bit edition on one of my
>home computers. The rest are running Windows XP
>
>I have turned off the firewall.
>I have turned on network discovery, file sharing, printer sharing,
>media sharing.
>I have put it on the same peer-to-peer network.
>
>I have also setup shares with "everyone" permissions for
>read/write/change.
>
>Still, my Vista machine does not "see" any other computers on my
>network.
>
>All my XP computers "see" the Vista computer but cannont connect to it
>or to any of the shares.
>
>Is there something I missed about connecting Vista to a peer-to-peer
>network?

R. C. White

Re: Vista Optima Home Network Problem
Hi, Fool (your word, not mine).

What is "Windows Vista Optima 32-bit edition"? I've never heard of this.

And why does WLM say your post is from "Mike.Brannigan@localhost"?

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 16:15:19 -0500, "R. C. White" <rc@grandecom.net>
wrote:

>Hi, Fool (your word, not mine).
>
>What is "Windows Vista Optima 32-bit edition"? I've never heard of this.
>
>And why does WLM say your post is from "Mike.Brannigan@localhost"?
>
>RC

I meant Vista Ultimate.

How can I find why this message came from some like
mike.brannigan@localhost?

That means nothing to me, but if it's a sign that my computer is
infected with something, I'd sure like to know.

Where do I look to get this information?
R. C. White

Re: Vista Optima Home Network Problem
Hi, Fool.

> I meant Vista Ultimate.

Oh. OK.

> How can I find why this message came from some like
> mike.brannigan@localhost?

Well, Mike Brannigan is a Microsoft employee who posts here from time to
time. But I have no idea how his name got attached to your post. I don't
know anything about the inner workings of Forte Agent, which you are using.

Perhaps someone here understands Forte and can explain how Mike's name got
into your post. And why your latest post shows no email address at all for
you.

As to your original question: I can't help there. As I've often said here,
I'm just one guy with one computer and no net but the Internet, so I'm no
help on networking problems. Given the length and tenor of this thread,
your best bet might be to start a new thread - with Ultimate in the Subject.
;^}

RC
--

newsulj73h43h4m57ecbn1kec2a5hl8h4u5hl@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 16:15:19 -0500, "R. C. White" <rc@grandecom.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi, Fool (your word, not mine).
>>
>>What is "Windows Vista Optima 32-bit edition"? I've never heard of this.
>>
>>And why does WLM say your post is from "Mike.Brannigan@localhost"?
>>
>>RC

> I meant Vista Ultimate.
>
> How can I find why this message came from some like
> mike.brannigan@localhost?
>
> That means nothing to me, but if it's a sign that my computer is
> infected with something, I'd sure like to know.
>
> Where do I look to get this information?

Dave

Re: Vista Optima Home Network Problem
RC, I don't see anything in his post about Mike.......
maybe it's something on your end?