iTunes 7.2 installation on Vista Home Premium

DW

iTunes 7.2 installation on Vista Home Premium
I have recently purchased a new computer with Vista home premium installed.
I have also recently purchased an ipod and have tried to install iTunes 7.2
for vista. I can download the setup program however when I try to run it
vista tells me that "iTunesSetup.exe has stopped working...A problem caused
the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and
notify you if a solution is available." I have tried to download the setup
program twice. I have also checked for the latest updates to Vista. I have
searched for a similar problem with no success, only mention of Visual Basic
Script (VBScript) is not installed. I tried this solution with no success.
Does any one have any thoughts or suggestions? Any help is appreciated.
Chad Harris

Re: iTunes 7.2 installation on Vista Home Premium
Hi DW:

See:

CH

"DW" <DW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have recently purchased a new computer with Vista home premium installed.
> I have also recently purchased an ipod and have tried to install iTunes
> 7.2
> for vista. I can download the setup program however when I try to run it
> vista tells me that "iTunesSetup.exe has stopped working...A problem
> caused
> the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and
> notify you if a solution is available." I have tried to download the
> setup
> program twice. I have also checked for the latest updates to Vista. I
> have
> searched for a similar problem with no success, only mention of Visual
> Basic
> Script (VBScript) is not installed. I tried this solution with no
> success.
> Does any one have any thoughts or suggestions? Any help is appreciated.

DW

Re: iTunes 7.2 installation on Vista Home Premium
Chad,

Thanks for looking into this however I run the enabling script for Visual
Basic with no sucess to the problem...any other thoughts?

"Chad Harris" wrote:

> Hi DW:
>
> See:

> CH
>
> "DW" <DW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have recently purchased a new computer with Vista home premium installed.
> > I have also recently purchased an ipod and have tried to install iTunes
> > 7.2
> > for vista. I can download the setup program however when I try to run it
> > vista tells me that "iTunesSetup.exe has stopped working...A problem
> > caused
> > the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and
> > notify you if a solution is available." I have tried to download the
> > setup
> > program twice. I have also checked for the latest updates to Vista. I
> > have
> > searched for a similar problem with no success, only mention of Visual
> > Basic
> > Script (VBScript) is not installed. I tried this solution with no
> > success.
> > Does any one have any thoughts or suggestions? Any help is appreciated.

DW

Re: iTunes 7.2 installation on Vista Home Premium
Additionaly in regards to the visual basic script I did perform the test (see
below) as detailed in another thread. Still no sucess with Itunes
installation.

{To test, create a file named sample.vbs using Notepad, with the following
line:

MsgBox "hi"

Save the file. Double-click the file to run it.}