Doesn't start !!!!

Catenaccio

Doesn't start !!!!
Hi!

I have just started with my new notebook, arrived today. I open it, I did
the first steps, everything was working fine. I installed Skype, and then
actived the automatic Windows Update option (Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit).

I asked me to way, told me that the computer would re-start, and then is
where my problem began.

The computer never "re-starts". Even if I power it off, when I power it on
again, it seems that it's going to start, the HDD light blinks for about 2
seconds and then, nothing, frozen.

I tried F5 or F8 (safe mode in Vista???) and nothing.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance
OoooErrr

Re: Doesn't start !!!!
Hi,

My PC worked fine with Vista fro 2 months but suddenly it boots very
slowly - maybe 15 mins to get to start screen when it used to take about 1
min.

Only thing I did was use Windows Update which I have now uninstalled the
updates to see if they caused the problem but no change.

Any ideas would be great.

The screen is basically black after the first few pages of HDD checks have
scrolled through.

Thanks

"Catenaccio" <Catenaccio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I have just started with my new notebook, arrived today. I open it, I did
> the first steps, everything was working fine. I installed Skype, and then
> actived the automatic Windows Update option (Windows Vista Ultimate
> 64bit).
>
> I asked me to way, told me that the computer would re-start, and then is
> where my problem began.
>
> The computer never "re-starts". Even if I power it off, when I power it on
> again, it seems that it's going to start, the HDD light blinks for about
> 2
> seconds and then, nothing, frozen.
>
> I tried F5 or F8 (safe mode in Vista???) and nothing.
>
> What can I do?
>
> Thanks in advance

XS11E

Re: Doesn't start !!!!
"OoooErrr" <arhob1@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Any ideas would be great.

The best idea would be not to hijack another's thread.

Learn to post properly, then come back and ask your question.

Catenaccio

RE: Doesn't start !!!!
Well, I call the technical support of the place where I bought the computer.
They told me that they never heard of something like this before, so
recommended me to reinstall windows.

I did. When it finished, then it claimed that it'll going to re-start again.

Same thing, same problem: 2 seconds, then, frozen for ever.

I tried a couple of F8, ESC, and eventually, I don't know why not before, I
was given the choice of booting from the HDD or the DVD. I chose HDD... and
it started booting as if never has happened.

But then, my guess now, is that there's something wrong with the "re-start"
feature. If I boot from the HDD, works well, but if I try to "re-start", then
it never restarts.

Any hints?

"Catenaccio" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have just started with my new notebook, arrived today. I open it, I did
> the first steps, everything was working fine. I installed Skype, and then
> actived the automatic Windows Update option (Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit).
>
> I asked me to way, told me that the computer would re-start, and then is
> where my problem began.
>
> The computer never "re-starts". Even if I power it off, when I power it on
> again, it seems that it's going to start, the HDD light blinks for about 2
> seconds and then, nothing, frozen.
>
> I tried F5 or F8 (safe mode in Vista???) and nothing.
>
> What can I do?
>
> Thanks in advance

Dennis Pack

Re: Doesn't start !!!!
Catenaccio:
It could be a problem with the Skype installation, refer to
http://share.skype.com/sites/garage/...and_skype.html for
a link to the forums. Since the notebook is new, contacting the seller or
manufacturer would also be recommended. Have a great day.

--
Dennis Pack
XP x64, Vista Enterprise x64
"Catenaccio" <Catenaccio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I have just started with my new notebook, arrived today. I open it, I did
> the first steps, everything was working fine. I installed Skype, and then
> actived the automatic Windows Update option (Windows Vista Ultimate
> 64bit).
>
> I asked me to way, told me that the computer would re-start, and then is
> where my problem began.
>
> The computer never "re-starts". Even if I power it off, when I power it on
> again, it seems that it's going to start, the HDD light blinks for about
> 2
> seconds and then, nothing, frozen.
>
> I tried F5 or F8 (safe mode in Vista???) and nothing.
>
> What can I do?
>
> Thanks in advance

Catenaccio

Re: Doesn't start !!!!
Thanks, Dennis!

Unfortunately, I don't think is Skype, since it is still doing it even
though I have re-installed Windows (but not Skype).

I've never experienced nothing like this before. Every time the computer
re-starts, is dead. The funny thing is that it doesn't even respond to F8 or
ESC. Nothing... until suddenly does... let's say, 1 out of 20 times, it will
catch the ESC and allow me to indicate that it has to boot... and it will
start booting. And everything will look normal... until the next restart.

I don't know what it is. Maybe the bios is set up with the wrong order to
boot? I'll try to find out the next time. But it's the first time that I
cannot even have access to the bios.

I'll try to contact the tech support tomorrow too. They are in the west
coast, and I am in the east coast, so I'll have to wait a couple of hours.

It's a mistery for me.

"Dennis Pack" wrote:

> Catenaccio:
> It could be a problem with the Skype installation, refer to
> http://share.skype.com/sites/garage/...and_skype.html for
> a link to the forums. Since the notebook is new, contacting the seller or
> manufacturer would also be recommended. Have a great day.
>
> --
> Dennis Pack
> XP x64, Vista Enterprise x64
> Office Prof. Plus 2007
> "Catenaccio" <Catenaccio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have just started with my new notebook, arrived today. I open it, I did
> > the first steps, everything was working fine. I installed Skype, and then
> > actived the automatic Windows Update option (Windows Vista Ultimate
> > 64bit).
> >
> > I asked me to way, told me that the computer would re-start, and then is
> > where my problem began.
> >
> > The computer never "re-starts". Even if I power it off, when I power it on
> > again, it seems that it's going to start, the HDD light blinks for about
> > 2
> > seconds and then, nothing, frozen.
> >
> > I tried F5 or F8 (safe mode in Vista???) and nothing.
> >
> > What can I do?
> >
> > Thanks in advance

mikeyhsd

Re: Doesn't start !!!!
since you just purchased couple of weeks ago.
and following tech support advise to reinstall and it did not cure the problem.
its time to return the laptop for one that will work correctly.

mikeyhsd@comcast.net