cant install any programs

steven wood

cant install any programs
Have just installed vista 32bit with a clean install for express upgrade disk
but now cant install any programs, all give eroor messages?
PvdG42

Re: cant install any programs

"steven wood" <stevenwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have just installed vista 32bit with a clean install for express upgrade
> disk
> but now cant install any programs, all give eroor messages?

Please provide details.
Which programs, and what are the error messages received?

steven wood

Re: cant install any programs
Office 2007, AVG Free, windows livedesk top beta and most others. none seem
to have the same error message.
WLDT beta tells me it just could not install when it gets to 100%
Office informs me that an error install and rolls back any changes
AVG free just will not owrk once installed?
I am very lost to be honest yet under XP all these programs install fine

"PvdG42" wrote:

> "steven wood" <stevenwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Have just installed vista 32bit with a clean install for express upgrade
> > disk
> > but now cant install any programs, all give eroor messages?

> Please provide details.
> Which programs, and what are the error messages received?

John

Re: cant install any programs
Try right-clicking the Install program and then choose Run As Administrator.

> Office 2007, AVG Free, windows livedesk top beta and most others. none
> seem
> to have the same error message.
> WLDT beta tells me it just could not install when it gets to 100%
> Office informs me that an error install and rolls back any changes
> AVG free just will not owrk once installed?
> I am very lost to be honest yet under XP all these programs install fine
>

> "PvdG42" wrote:
>

>> "steven wood" <stevenwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Have just installed vista 32bit with a clean install for express
>> > upgrade
>> > disk
>> > but now cant install any programs, all give eroor messages?

>> Please provide details.
>> Which programs, and what are the error messages received?

steven wood

Re: cant install any programs
Have tried that as well, but still no joy, I am really dissapointed and may
return to XP as i belive Vista to be unuseable.

"John" wrote:

> Try right-clicking the Install program and then choose Run As Administrator.
>
> "steven wood" <stevenwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Office 2007, AVG Free, windows livedesk top beta and most others. none
> > seem
> > to have the same error message.
> > WLDT beta tells me it just could not install when it gets to 100%
> > Office informs me that an error install and rolls back any changes
> > AVG free just will not owrk once installed?
> > I am very lost to be honest yet under XP all these programs install fine
> >

> > "PvdG42" wrote:
> >

> >> "steven wood" <stevenwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Please provide details.
> >> Which programs, and what are the error messages received?

steven wood

Re: cant install any programs
This is the error code i get when i try to install office enterprice 2007
Error 1935 97F81AF1-0E47-DC99-AO1F-C8B3B-9A1E18E HRESULT Ox80073712

I dont get an error code with windowslive desktop beta just a problem acurred

"steven wood" wrote:

> Have tried that as well, but still no joy, I am really dissapointed and may
> return to XP as i belive Vista to be unuseable.
>
> "John" wrote:
>
> > Try right-clicking the Install program and then choose Run As Administrator.
> >
> > "steven wood" <stevenwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Office 2007, AVG Free, windows livedesk top beta and most others. none
> > > seem
> > > to have the same error message.
> > > WLDT beta tells me it just could not install when it gets to 100%
> > > Office informs me that an error install and rolls back any changes
> > > AVG free just will not owrk once installed?
> > > I am very lost to be honest yet under XP all these programs install fine

Seth

news3F8840E-8D5E-48EA-8115-71FDB8251F02@microsoft.com...
> This is the error code i get when i try to install office enterprice 2007
> Error 1935 97F81AF1-0E47-DC99-AO1F-C8B3B-9A1E18E HRESULT Ox80073712

Sounds like .NET on your machine is hosed. Follow the fix here...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926804

steven wood

Re: cant install any programs
Thanks for the repley, I have followed below but cant find where to uninstall
..net so tried to download and install how ever it tells me that "it is all
ready installed and part of the OS"
I tried to repair vista for the disc but tells me there are no error?
Can you reinstall as and upgrade and would that fix any errors?

news5AB00CF-CBDD-489E-AA5D-7DB0AEA3A19B@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for the repley, I have followed below but cant find where to
> uninstall
> .net so tried to download and install how ever it tells me that "it is all
> ready installed and part of the OS"
> I tried to repair vista for the disc but tells me there are no error?
> Can you reinstall as and upgrade and would that fix any errors?

I was just asking that in a nearby thread, so I can pass the answer to you:

Per "Rock[MVP"

<quote>
The counterpart of a repair install in Vista is to do an upgrade of the
existing installation. To do this you run the Vista DVD from the desktop of
the installed Vista OS, not by booting the DVD. Booting only gives you the
option for a custom (clean) install.

Yes it should preserve installed programs and data, however stuff happens so
make sure there is a backup of important data, and you have the original
installation media for all installed apps. I strongly recommend you use
something like Acronis True Image version 10 to image the system before
trying any repairs.

Also try system restore and startup repair, which is accessible by booting
the Vista DVD, before the last resort of an upgrade.

The upgrade process lays down a fresh image of Vista, then brings in
drivers, installed apps and data from the old installation. Yes it can fix
some problems as attested to by several folks who have posted they had
success with it. I don't know if it will fix your issues.

I know of at least one post, from some time ago, where it made matters
worse.
</quote>

Good luck!