Non-Response After Upgrading From XP SP2 to Vista
Ok here are the issues I'm having and need assistance with, I'll also include
my hardware and "Yes" I've updatedall of my device drivers, MOBO, NIC, etc..
I've upgraded from Windows XP Pro SP2 to Vista Ultimate.
1. When booting up it takes approx 5 minutes to get to the Logo.
2. From there it takes approx 30 secs to get to login prompt.
3. After that, it takes almost 10 minutes seeing "Preparing Your Desktop".
4. Once the desktop appears, it takes another 5-8 minutes to be able to
move the mouse, or choose an action.
5. Once I choose an action, it takes anywhere from 5-10 minutes before I
can perform the next action. So you can see that this is very, very time
consuming and troubleshooting this is very slow.
6. If I start up in safe mode, my times are almost cut in half. And once
I'm in safe mode, the system is responsive.
7. I can see my internet and network as soon as I select them, so my TCP/IP
is good. I can even share files, etc..
8. I've lowered my ram from CORSAIR DDR2 5-5-5-12 800Mhz 4GB to 2GB as
recommended earlier, but it hasn't helped at all.
9. After approx 40 minutes, the system locks up on me and I receive an
annoying steady sound.
10. My system passed the compatibility tests with no issues reported.
11. This time I tried opening control panel to remove some applications and
the window quickly appeared and then disappeared. I checked task manager and
control panel is not running.
12. I tried right clicking on "Computer" from my desktop and select
"Properties" but nothing happens.
13. So now I'm waiting my 5-10 minutes for it to let me try something else
Device Driver Updates:
4. Video Card
5. Keyboard & Mouse
MOBO - Asus M2R32-MVP
RAM - 2GB, I have 4GB but I took 2GB out
CPU - AMD FX-62 Dual Core 2.8Ghz
Hard Drive - 160GB WD SATA 10K RPM
Video Card - Nvidia 8800-GTX 750MB
AUDIO - Soundmax
Monitor - Viewsonic 20" VX2035wm
Keyboard & Mouse - GE wired Keyboard and Optical Mouse.
Gaming Router - D-Link DGL-4100 Gigabit Gaming Router
Not sure if anybody else is having extremely slow response times like I am,
but figured I'd ask. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks!