dumping vista

Andre LaFramboise

dumping vista
I did an upgrade of vista home premium over xp home and find it is to slow
and annoying asking me if I am sure I want to do some thing when try do to
do things.plus programs not working and other things.can I uninstall the
update to vista and go back to my xp it has been about a week.or do I have
to do a format and reinstall xp .I will put my vista on my next machine I
build.thanks

John Inzer

Re: dumping vista
Andre LaFramboise wrote:
> I did an upgrade of vista home premium over xp home and find it is to
> slow and annoying asking me if I am sure I want to do some thing when
> try do to do things.plus programs not working and other things.can I
> uninstall the update to vista and go back to my xp it has been about
> a week.or do I have to do a format and reinstall xp .I will put my
> vista on my next machine I build.thanks

====================================
(933168) How to restore a computer to a
previous Windows installation after you install
Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933168/en-us

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Rock

Re: dumping vista
"Andre LaFramboise" wrote
>I did an upgrade of vista home premium over xp home and find it is to slow
>and annoying asking me if I am sure I want to do some thing when try do to
>do things.plus programs not working and other things.can I uninstall the
>update to vista and go back to my xp it has been about a week.or do I have
>to do a format and reinstall xp .I will put my vista on my next machine I
>build.thanks

Clean installs are better than upgrades. You need to research to make sure
all the hardware will work with Vista, and check the software for
compatibility with Vista. Most problems are due to incompatible
hardware/drivers and 3rd party software.

On the security end you should learn about UAC and what it does.

Inside Windows Vista User Account Control (Mark Russinovich)
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tec...C/default.aspx

Jesper Johansson's Blog
http://msinfluentials.com/blogs/jesp...really-is.aspx

Why is Windows Vista always asking for my permission: An explanation of UAC
(User Account Control) by
MVP Jimmy Brush
http://www.jimmah.com/vista/security/uac.aspx

Windows Vista User Account Control Step by Step Guide (TechNet)

Lastly, see this link for info on going back to XP.

How to restore a computer to a previous Windows installation after you
install Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933168

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]