Vista: 0x0000007F error when trying to do a clean install

Vista

Vista: 0x0000007F error when trying to do a clean install
Hi

I installed Windows Vista through Windows XP and that worked fine, but my
only trouble is trying to install Vista by booting into the installation
through the dvd. The things that would happen before the blue screen error
appears:

It first starts loading some of the files, and then it goes in into a blue
like background and its doing some other things. Then i get the blue screen
error, before i even get to the installation interface. The error says to
check memory, to unstill any new hardware etc... and in the bottom it has
this tech code:

*** STOP: 0x0000007F (0x00000008, 0x867ED0C0, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

If anyone likes, i've taken a picture of this blue screen with my phone, so
i can give it to anyone that wants to see it.

steps i have taken to solve this is:

I disabled USB function
I disabled audio card
I disabled eithernet card
I also disabled the harddrive
updated Bios to the lastest

all of these steps didn't seem to solve a thing.

Currently i have windows vista, and XP installed, but i want to install
Vista by itself without XP and i can only do that through booting into the
installation. If anyone has any suggestion please give it.

Thank you all for your response.
Don

Re: Vista: 0x0000007F error when trying to do a clean install
Vista wrote:
> Hi
>
> I installed Windows Vista through Windows XP and that worked fine, but my
> only trouble is trying to install Vista by booting into the installation
> through the dvd. The things that would happen before the blue screen error
> appears: ...

Such problems are always caused by incorrect hardware drivers. The real
challenge is to find out which driver. By far the most common problem
drivers are for SATA disk controllers and video/graphics cards.

You should be able to boot your working Vista install and see which disk
and graphics drivers it is using. That should give you a head start on
the problem.

> Currently i have windows vista, and XP installed, but i want to install
> Vista by itself without XP...

I'm afraid that statement is ambiguous and therefore I can't give you
much help. Please explain what you mean by 'without XP'. Do you mean
you want a 'clean install' of Vista? Or something else?

Vista

Re: Vista: 0x0000007F error when trying to do a clean install
your right to say that this statement is not clear:

> > Currently i have windows vista, and XP installed, but i want to install
> > Vista by itself without XP...

what i meant by this is that i had two windows xp installed and one i used
for installing Vista and the other i used for regular task because i didn't
know if Vista was going to run smoothly with my computer or not. and yes i
want to do a clean install of Vista.

> Such problems are always caused by incorrect hardware drivers. The real
> challenge is to find out which driver. By far the most common problem
> drivers are for SATA disk controllers and video/graphics cards.

your right about this, with windows XP when i booted the installation
through the cd i had to load the SATA drivers through pressing F6 in order
for XP installation to work, if i didn't then a blue screen error would
appear.

With Vista can i do something simliar to what i did with XP (loading the
drivers for the installation)?

Vista wrote:
> ...with windows XP when i booted the installation
> through the cd i had to load the SATA drivers through pressing F6 in order
> for XP installation to work, if i didn't then a blue screen error would
> appear.
>
> With Vista can i do something simliar to what i did with XP (loading the
> drivers for the installation)?

Yes, you can and you must. I've not installed either XP or Vista for a
while now, so the details are growing fuzzy. I do recall that the Vista
installer gives you a chance to provide drivers, but you must pay very
close attention to each and every screen or you'll miss it. The Vista
installer really should slap you in the face with this opportunity, but
it doesn't, so you need to watch for it!

For a clean install, install Vista the first time with *no* key, and
then follow that by 'upgrading' your new Vista install with yet another
install, but this time enter your product key.

Vista

"Don" wrote:

> Yes, you can and you must. I've not installed either XP or Vista for a
> while now, so the details are growing fuzzy. I do recall that the Vista
> installer gives you a chance to provide drivers, but you must pay very
> close attention to each and every screen or you'll miss it. The Vista
> installer really should slap you in the face with this opportunity, but
> it doesn't, so you need to watch for it!
>
> For a clean install, install Vista the first time with *no* key, and
> then follow that by 'upgrading' your new Vista install with yet another
> install, but this time enter your product key.

My problem is that i don't get a chance to even see the install interface
when i try to boot the installation from the DVD. I know when you first boot
into the setup it asks i believe for the language, i don't even get to that
stage, the blue screen comes up before that setup GUI appears. All i see is
"windows is loading" and then the colorful background, it stays there for a
while and then it gives me the blue screen error.

"For a clean install, install Vista the first time with *no* key, and
then follow that by 'upgrading' your new Vista install with yet another
install, but this time enter your product key."

do you mean i should start the installation from XP without putting the
serial key and then when Vista is installed i should do a upgrade with the
key. Wouldn't this wipe the Windows XP, or would i have dual OS, xp and vista?

thank you.

Vista wrote:
> "Don" wrote:
>
>> Yes, you can and you must. I've not installed either XP or Vista for a
>> while now, so the details are growing fuzzy. I do recall that the Vista
>> installer gives you a chance to provide drivers, but you must pay very
>> close attention to each and every screen or you'll miss it. The Vista
>> installer really should slap you in the face with this opportunity, but
>> it doesn't, so you need to watch for it!

> My problem is that i don't get a chance to even see the install interface
> when i try to boot the installation from the DVD. I know when you first boot
> into the setup it asks i believe for the language, i don't even get to that
> stage, the blue screen comes up before that setup GUI appears. All i see is
> "windows is loading" and then the colorful background, it stays there for a
> while and then it gives me the blue screen error.

Oh :-( If you can't even boot from the install DVD to the first
installation screen, then I'm forced to plead ignorance. Do you get
the blue-screen before you have a chance to enter any info at all?

> "For a clean install, install Vista the first time with *no* key, and
> then follow that by 'upgrading' your new Vista install with yet another
> install, but this time enter your product key."
>
> do you mean i should start the installation from XP without putting the
> serial key...

Oops, no. I meant you should boot from the install DVD and do a clean
Vista install to an empty (or freshly reformatted) partition. Your
problem seems to occur before you get the chance to do that. So, I'm
stumped, but I hope someone here can offer better suggestions.

Vista

"Don" wrote:

> Vista wrote:
> > "Don" wrote:
> >

> Do you get
> the blue-screen before you have a chance to enter any info at all?

Yes

This is what is driving me nuts. If somehow i can load the drivers that i
think i need before Vista starts the installation, maybe that might fix my
problem.

I thank you Don for all the help and support you have given me, if you get
any ideas, please do share with me.

Vista wrote:
> "Don" wrote:
>
>> Vista wrote:
>>> "Don" wrote:
>>>

>> Do you get
>> the blue-screen before you have a chance to enter any info at all?

> Yes
>
> This is what is driving me nuts. If somehow i can load the drivers that i
> think i need before Vista starts the installation, maybe that might fix my
> problem.
>
> I thank you Don for all the help and support you have given me, if you get
> any ideas, please do share with me.

Your problem occurs so early in the install that I begin to smell BIOS
here ;o) I would try toggling settings for ACPI and/or 'PnP-aware OS'
if you have such settings in your BIOS. Also, some people have had
problems on machines with more than 3GB of RAM.