Computer shut off during installation, errors

PCBuilder

Computer shut off during installation, errors
I was installing Vista and it was just about to finish when my computer just
shut off. I turned it back on and now I get an error that says "The computer
restarted unexpectedly or has encountered an unexpected error. Windows
installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click OK to restart your
computer and then restart installation."

However, when the computer restarts, it simply shows the same error again.
What do I do to get this error to go away? This isn't exactly the best first
impression with Vista...
Randy

RE: Computer shut off during installation, errors
Did you get any error code when starting computer?

"PCBuilder" wrote:

> I was installing Vista and it was just about to finish when my computer just
> shut off. I turned it back on and now I get an error that says "The computer
> restarted unexpectedly or has encountered an unexpected error. Windows
> installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click OK to restart your
> computer and then restart installation."
>
> However, when the computer restarts, it simply shows the same error again.
> What do I do to get this error to go away? This isn't exactly the best first
> impression with Vista...

hotsizzle

Re: Computer shut off during installation, errors

i am having the same exact problem, and no it did not give an error code

--
hotsizzle
hotsizzle's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=27078

http://forums.techarena.in

Anile8er

RE: Computer shut off during installation, errors
I have the exact same problem and I need to get a computer running ASAP. I
tested the install all weekend with different hardware. I managed to
establish that its a combination of my motherboard and ram that vista isn't
happy with. I can't believe there isn't a single solution on the entire
internet.
hotsizzle

Re: Computer shut off during installation, errors

i fixed it, u have to do a memory diagnostic then it will bring u to the
desktop and if u w8 a while than u go to install and click on the drive
and erase the installation and retry

--
hotsizzle
hotsizzle's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=27078
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=767215

http://forums.techarena.in

dpatterson

hotsizzle;2982246 Wrote:
> i fixed it, u have to do a memory diagnostic then it will bring u to the
> desktop and if u w8 a while than u go to install and click on the drive
> and erase the installation and retry

How do you get to the memory diagnostic? Not able to get there in my
case. It is a brand new laptop that never finished the initial install.

--
dpatterson
dpatterson's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/88725.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Chad Harris

Re: Computer shut off during installation, errors
Hi--

I don't see the original post so I don't know your original problem. You
get to the memory diagnostic by using the DVD and setting your bios so your
pc will boot from it or in the case of most laptop, notebooks, and netbooks
hitting a key to give you the choice to boot from the DVD--for many pcs but
not all it's tapping the Esc key at the upper left of the keyboard when
starting the pc.

How to Use the Vista Memory Diagnostic Tool with Screenshots
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...torial146.html

Good luck,

CH