CTHelper

Nick G

CTHelper
I have a new computer. A fresh build of Visa Home Premium.

I have always had a message at start-up telling me that CTHelper application
has failed and is closing..

Do I need CTHelper? If not how do I stop the message?

If I do need it how to I install it?

Thanks

Nick
Dustin Harper

Re: CTHelper
CTHelper is part of the Creative Labs drivers and plugins. It can be
disabled, especially since it is having issues.

This page seems to give conflicting recommendations:

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

--
"Nick G" <Nick G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a new computer. A fresh build of Visa Home Premium.
>
> I have always had a message at start-up telling me that CTHelper
> application
> has failed and is closing..
>
> Do I need CTHelper? If not how do I stop the message?
>
> If I do need it how to I install it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Nick

Dustin Harper

Re: CTHelper
Sorry, post got sent before I could finish... This page has conflicting
recommendations.

http://www.processlibrary.com/directory?files=CTHELPER

If you do a lot of gaming or audio applications, you may run into an issue.
But since it's not running anyway, I don't see a problem.

However, make sure you have the current Sound Blaster drivers. It may
correct the issue you are having.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

--
"Dustin Harper" <dharper@vistarip.com> wrote in message
> CTHelper is part of the Creative Labs drivers and plugins. It can be
> disabled, especially since it is having issues.
>
> This page seems to give conflicting recommendations:
>

> --
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.vistarip.com
>
> --
> "Nick G" <Nick G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have a new computer. A fresh build of Visa Home Premium.
>>
>> I have always had a message at start-up telling me that CTHelper
>> application
>> has failed and is closing..
>>
>> Do I need CTHelper? If not how do I stop the message?
>>
>> If I do need it how to I install it?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Nick

Rock

Re: CTHelper
"Nick G" wrote
>I have a new computer. A fresh build of Visa Home Premium.
>
> I have always had a message at start-up telling me that CTHelper
> application
> has failed and is closing..
>
> Do I need CTHelper? If not how do I stop the message?
>
> If I do need it how to I install it?

It's a non essential process associated with the Creative Labs sound driver.
It can be unchecked on the startup tab of msconfig. I do that even though
it doesn't give an error on this system. For my purposes it's another
unneeded startup app.

Here's another link with a bit more detailed info on the impact of Cthelper.
Scroll down to it.
http://www.answersthatwork.com/Taskl...tasklist_c.htm

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]