Multiple Accounts (Profiles)

mustang3

Multiple Accounts (Profiles)
Shortly after introduction I bought an HP with VISTA premium installed. I
originally set up three "profiles" for wife, personal (primary) and business.
When I clicked on Windows Mail a box in mid-screen asked me to click on
which account (profile). Easy and no probs. Meantime, blue screen probs
surfaced and HP restored computer to original factory settings. After
re-creating each account (profile)
there is no selection box to choose from and all emails seemingly come in to
my personal (primary) account. If I want to send email, there is a drop down
box enabling me to ID from which account the mail is coming from. How can I
ID the individual accounts. If I set up Mail through MS Office 2007 would
that make a difference? Frustrated beyond belief!
Jack
me9700

RE: Multiple Accounts (Profiles)

"mustang3" wrote:

> Shortly after introduction I bought an HP with VISTA premium installed. I
> originally set up three "profiles" for wife, personal (primary) and business.
> When I clicked on Windows Mail a box in mid-screen asked me to click on
> which account (profile). Easy and no probs. Meantime, blue screen probs
> surfaced and HP restored computer to original factory settings. After
> re-creating each account (profile)
> there is no selection box to choose from and all emails seemingly come in to
> my personal (primary) account. If I want to send email, there is a drop down
> box enabling me to ID from which account the mail is coming from. How can I
> ID the individual accounts. If I set up Mail through MS Office 2007 would
> that make a difference? Frustrated beyond belief!
> Jack

I am having the same problem. I have set up a second account for my son, but
cannot bring it up. It will only bring up my account. Thougt I'd reply to
bump the question back to the top.
...winston

Re: Multiple Accounts (Profiles)
Windows Mail does not support multiple ids'. Each user with a separate Vista logon id can use Windows Mail within their own profile.

The alternative is to create folders in Windows Mail and then use rules to move incoming mail to the appropriate folder.

If you wish to do something else, then more specifics are needed.

...winston

"mustang3" <mustanger@wildwood.com> wrote in message news:67159E43-9C29-43AA-92C6-71EE8C5BE316@microsoft.com...
: Shortly after introduction I bought an HP with VISTA premium installed. I
: originally set up three "profiles" for wife, personal (primary) and business.
: When I clicked on Windows Mail a box in mid-screen asked me to click on
: which account (profile). Easy and no probs. Meantime, blue screen probs
: surfaced and HP restored computer to original factory settings. After
: re-creating each account (profile)
: there is no selection box to choose from and all emails seemingly come in to
: my personal (primary) account. If I want to send email, there is a drop down
: box enabling me to ID from which account the mail is coming from. How can I
: ID the individual accounts. If I set up Mail through MS Office 2007 would
: that make a difference? Frustrated beyond belief!
: Jack
Rock

Re: Multiple Accounts (Profiles)
"mustang3" <mustanger@wildwood.com> wrote
> Shortly after introduction I bought an HP with VISTA premium installed. I
> originally set up three "profiles" for wife, personal (primary) and
> business.
> When I clicked on Windows Mail a box in mid-screen asked me to click on
> which account (profile). Easy and no probs. Meantime, blue screen probs
> surfaced and HP restored computer to original factory settings. After
> re-creating each account (profile)
> there is no selection box to choose from and all emails seemingly come in
> my personal (primary) account. If I want to send email, there is a drop
> down
> box enabling me to ID from which account the mail is coming from. How can
> ID the individual accounts. If I set up Mail through MS Office 2007
> would
> that make a difference? Frustrated beyond belief!

FYI, there is a newsgroup for windows mail,
microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]