I can't install vista

eusceptic

I can't install vista

I tried numerous versions of windows vista from my friends but i can't
get it to install.

When I've tried to boot from the dvd and hit install, safe mode, and
all the means to install got blocked at system.sys (in safe mode) or
I've seen only a black screen. I waited even for a half an hour and I
didn't seen anything on the screen.

When I've tried upgrading from XP, I've choice to "update drivers from
the internet', it downloaded 800kb and after that ask me for driver
"hdd, FDD and flash" something like that. An after the windows
restarted i've got the same problem, a black screen.

Other friends have told me that some had some problems with hard disk
drivers.

I knew that even the worst OS automatically recognize the hdd drivers.

I've tried when it ask me for the drivers to upload my graphics card
drivers, it accepted only the xp drivers from the graphics card, the
ones for vista didn't.

What should I do.

--
eusceptic
eusceptic's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=26808

http://forums.techarena.in

Malke

Re: I can't install vista
eusceptic wrote:
> I tried numerous versions of windows vista from my friends but i can't
> get it to install.
>
> When I've tried to boot from the dvd and hit install, safe mode, and
> all the means to install got blocked at system.sys (in safe mode) or
> I've seen only a black screen. I waited even for a half an hour and I
> didn't seen anything on the screen.
>
> When I've tried upgrading from XP, I've choice to "update drivers from
> the internet', it downloaded 800kb and after that ask me for driver
> "hdd, FDD and flash" something like that. An after the windows
> restarted i've got the same problem, a black screen.
>
> Other friends have told me that some had some problems with hard disk
> drivers.
>
> I knew that even the worst OS automatically recognize the hdd drivers.
>
> I've tried when it ask me for the drivers to upload my graphics card
> drivers, it accepted only the xp drivers from the graphics card, the
> ones for vista didn't.
>
> What should I do.

Since you haven't given us any of your computer specs, in answer to your
question, "What should I do?" I can only say "Don't upgrade to Vista;
your computer's hardware doesn't support it". If you want a more
specific answer, then provide details about your hardware.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
mikeyhsd

Re: I can't install vista
sounds like there are no drivers for your hard drive native with vista.

you need to find out what type of hard drives you have on the computer and download the proper drivers for vista for it and put them on a floppy.
use that floppy when it asks for it during the install.

or better yet.
run the upgrade advisor from MS vista web site. it is not perfect by a long shot, but it is a place to start.

mikeyhsd@comcast.net

mikeyhsd;2935544 Wrote:
> sounds like there are no drivers for your hard drive native with vista.
>
> you need to find out what type of hard drives you have on the computer
> and download the proper drivers for vista for it and put them on a
> floppy.
> use that floppy when it asks for it during the install.
>
> or better yet.
> run the upgrade advisor from MS vista web site. it is not perfect by a
> long shot, but it is a place to start.

My system is:
Celeron D 3.4 Ghz (4.0Ghz Over clocked)
MSI Main board
2 GB Ram
Geforce 7600 GS
320Gb Western Digital Hard Drive

I think the hdd driver seems to be the problem. The bigger problem is
that i can't find western digital hard disk drivers? Where i should
look for?

I ran upgrade advisor and everything was ok. Didn't ask for hdd
drivers, the only problem that find was that i had at that time only 9
gigs of space on C partition, but I got 150gigs free on D partition.

--
eusceptic
eusceptic's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=26808
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=766949

http://forums.techarena.in

Bruce Chambers

Re: I can't install vista
eusceptic wrote:

> My system is:
> Celeron D 3.4 Ghz (4.0Ghz Over clocked)

This can cause problems. Turn off the over-clocking.

> MSI Main board
> 2 GB Ram
> Geforce 7600 GS
> 320Gb Western Digital Hard Drive
>
> I think the hdd driver seems to be the problem. The bigger problem is
> that i can't find western digital hard disk drivers? Where i should
> look for?

There's no such thing as a device driver for a hard disk drive. What
you may need to obtain are the device drivers for the IDE or SATA
controllers built into the b mother board.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

eusceptic

Re: I can't install vista

how i can find out what because on my 'main board page'
(http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?f...& cat2_no=170)
is written only:

• One Ultra DMA 66/100 IDE controllers integrated in ICH7.
- Supports PIO, Bus Master operation modes.
- Can connect up to two Ultra ATA drives.

• SATAII controller integrated in ICH7
- Up to 300MB/sec transfer speed.
- Can connect up to four SATAII devices.

On my cd that came with the main board the are a lot of brands of
drivers.

I'm forced to buy a vista mainboard?

--
eusceptic
eusceptic's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=26808
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=766949

http://forums.techarena.in

Dennis Pack

Re: I can't install vista
eusceptic:
If you go to
http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?f...1&prod_no=1173
the first set of drivers are chipset drivers and Vista is listed. Have a
great day.

--
Dennis Pack
XP x64, Vista Enterprise x64
"eusceptic" <eusceptic.2schvh@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> how i can find out what because on my 'main board page'
> (http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?f...& cat2_no=170)
> is written only:
>
> • One Ultra DMA 66/100 IDE controllers integrated in ICH7.
> - Supports PIO, Bus Master operation modes.
> - Can connect up to two Ultra ATA drives.
>
> • SATAII controller integrated in ICH7
> - Up to 300MB/sec transfer speed.
> - Can connect up to four SATAII devices.
>
> On my cd that came with the main board the are a lot of brands of
> drivers.
>
> I'm forced to buy a vista mainboard?
>

> --
> eusceptic
> eusceptic's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=26808
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=766949
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

eusceptic

Re: I can't install vista

Tank you, i found my sata and ata intel ICH7 drivers for vista and xp.

I forgot to mention that where i got the install driver option, it
already see my partitions.

I tried IDE, SATA, for xp and vista with no result.

What i should try next, i'm out of options.

My main board is Xp Certified, and on vista website is written that
vista recognizes all Xp certified main boards.