MCI error message

Chris

MCI error message
Im trying to install an Instant Immersion language program on my computer.
After i start to play it it pops up an error code : "Systerm Error:MCI
Error:there is no driver installed on you system" ... If i need a driver
where can i get it? Someone help please!!! I moving to germany in 7 months
and need to learn!!lol....thanks for all the help.
Richard G. Harper

Re: MCI error message
Does this software support Vista? Sounds like it doesn't. Check with the
manufacturer.

> Im trying to install an Instant Immersion language program on my computer.
> After i start to play it it pops up an error code : "Systerm Error:MCI
> Error:there is no driver installed on you system" ... If i need a driver
> where can i get it? Someone help please!!! I moving to germany in 7 months
> and need to learn!!lol....thanks for all the help.

snoo is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Chris it's probably too late to answer this as you'd now hopefully fluent in Deutsh and your bags are nearly packed!

But for others googling with a similar problem:

I installed "Talk Now" a similar language learning from Eurotalk on Vista.
The software package suggests it only supports up to XP.

The packaged loaded ok, but when it went to play some audio/video I recieved the error:
System error: MCI Error: There is no driver installed on your system.

I fixed this by right clicking on the "Talk Now Plus" interactive Desktop Shortcut that was created when installing, then selecting the Compatibility tab, then selecting 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:' Windows XP (Service Pack 2).

Hope this helps someone.

& Richard, your answer doesnt help anyone. Sorry it sounds like a 'dumb sales guy' answer who is out for $3.57 commision on a $40 piece of software.

MaestroDabla is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reply to post titled : Systerm Error:MCI Error:there is no driver installed on you system"
Hi Soon,

Thank you very Much. Your post helps me so much, cause i didn't know what to do. Your post saved me (lol).

Take Care

[...]

Namaste is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts