Need Urgent Help!

Emill

Need Urgent Help!
Please anybody, who can help me!

Yesterday the company I work for took my company computer running Windows
Vista, and today, when i got it back, Vista Ultimate 32bit was re-installed.
The only thing that remains of my old programs, documents and settings is a
folder named "Windows.old". Is there any way of getting my settings and
installed programs (and their settings) tranferred to my new installation of
Vista?
Thanks to everybody in advance!

Emill

John Inzer

Re: Need Urgent Help!
Emill wrote:
> Please anybody, who can help me!
>
> Yesterday the company I work for took my company computer running
> Windows Vista, and today, when i got it back, Vista Ultimate 32bit
> was re-installed. The only thing that remains of my old programs,
> documents and settings is a folder named "Windows.old". Is there any
> way of getting my settings and installed programs (and their
> settings) tranferred to my new installation of Vista?
> Thanks to everybody in advance!
>
> Emill

=======================
Maybe the following article will offer some ideas:

(932912) How to restore your personal files after
you perform a custom installation of Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932912/en-us

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Tim

Re: Need Urgent Help!
Sounds like the company you work for has pretty poor IT tech support. I
would contact your help desk and ask them to finish the job.

Tim

"John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message
> Emill wrote:
>> Please anybody, who can help me!
>>
>> Yesterday the company I work for took my company computer running
>> Windows Vista, and today, when i got it back, Vista Ultimate 32bit
>> was re-installed. The only thing that remains of my old programs,
>> documents and settings is a folder named "Windows.old". Is there any
>> way of getting my settings and installed programs (and their
>> settings) tranferred to my new installation of Vista?
>> Thanks to everybody in advance!
>>
>> Emill

> =======================
> Maybe the following article will offer some ideas:
>
> (932912) How to restore your personal files after
> you perform a custom installation of Windows Vista

> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
> Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://tinyurl.com/aczzp
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

Rock

Re: Need Urgent Help!
"Emill" wrote
> Please anybody, who can help me!
>
> Yesterday the company I work for took my company computer running Windows
> Vista, and today, when i got it back, Vista Ultimate 32bit was
> re-installed. The only thing that remains of my old programs, documents
> and settings is a folder named "Windows.old". Is there any way of getting
> my settings and installed programs (and their settings) tranferred to my
> new installation of Vista?
> Thanks to everybody in advance!

Programs will need to be reinstalled from original media. You can recover
data files from windows.old.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Emill

Re: Need Urgent Help!
Thanks everybody!
Emill

"Emill" <emill@eunet.yu> wrote in message
> Please anybody, who can help me!
>
> Yesterday the company I work for took my company computer running Windows
> Vista, and today, when i got it back, Vista Ultimate 32bit was
> re-installed. The only thing that remains of my old programs, documents
> and settings is a folder named "Windows.old". Is there any way of getting
> my settings and installed programs (and their settings) tranferred to my
> new installation of Vista?
> Thanks to everybody in advance!
>
> Emill

mikeyhsd

Re: Need Urgent Help!
since your computer IT department seems to be the cause of the problem.'
it might be best to ask them for assistance on recovering your data.
no one here knows what they actually did to your computer.

mikeyhsd@comcast.net

"Emill" <emill@eunet.yu> wrote in message news:A4D15319-17B2-4852-9D7E-C237C244F875@microsoft.com...
Thanks everybody!
Emill

"Emill" <emill@eunet.yu> wrote in message
> Please anybody, who can help me!
>
> Yesterday the company I work for took my company computer running Windows
> Vista, and today, when i got it back, Vista Ultimate 32bit was
> re-installed. The only thing that remains of my old programs, documents
> and settings is a folder named "Windows.old". Is there any way of getting
> my settings and installed programs (and their settings) tranferred to my
> new installation of Vista?
> Thanks to everybody in advance!
>
> Emill

Emill

Re: Need Urgent Help!
Thanks for the advice, but how can I recover those data files from
windows.old?
Emill

"Rock" <Rock@nospam.net> wrote in message

> Programs will need to be reinstalled from original media. You can recover
> data files from windows.old.
>
> --
> Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Emill

Re: Need Urgent Help!
What he did to my computer is re-installed Windows. I talked to him, but he said that he will only be able to handle the problem in only about two weeks time. Unfortunately, I will have to (at least partially) recover my files I use regularly...
Emill
"mikeyhsd" <mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com> wrote in message news:OCwXiiBsHHA.4828@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
since your computer IT department seems to be the cause of the problem.'
it might be best to ask them for assistance on recovering your data.
no one here knows what they actually did to your computer.

mikeyhsd@comcast.net

"Emill" <emill@eunet.yu> wrote in message news:A4D15319-17B2-4852-9D7E-C237C244F875@microsoft.com...
Thanks everybody!
Emill

"Emill" <emill@eunet.yu> wrote in message
> Please anybody, who can help me!
>
> Yesterday the company I work for took my company computer running Windows
> Vista, and today, when i got it back, Vista Ultimate 32bit was
> re-installed. The only thing that remains of my old programs, documents
> and settings is a folder named "Windows.old". Is there any way of getting
> my settings and installed programs (and their settings) tranferred to my
> new installation of Vista?
> Thanks to everybody in advance!
>
> Emill

Rock

Re: Need Urgent Help!
"Emill" wrote
> Thanks for the advice, but how can I recover those data files from
> windows.old?

> "Rock" <Rock@nospam.net> wrote
>>
>> Programs will need to be reinstalled from original media. You can
>> recover data files from windows.old.

I would think by navigating through the folder and copying the files you
need. Sorry I don't have any specific advise to offer beyond that.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Rock

Re: Need Urgent Help!
"Emill" <emill@eunet.yu> wrote
> Thanks for the advice, but how can I recover those data files from
> windows.old?

> "Rock" <Rock@nospam.net> wrote>>
>> Programs will need to be reinstalled from original media. You can
>> recover data files from windows.old.

I found this article. I hope it helps: