iTunes v7.2 Install Error

Steven Path

iTunes v7.2 Install Error
I've tried to resolve this issue for the last few hours and I need help. When
I try to upgrade to iTunes v7.2 (latest for Windows Vista) I get the
following popup error:

---

iTunes could not be installed because Visual Basic Script (VBScript) is not
installed or has been disabled. Make sure VBScript is installed, turn off
script blocking in anti-virus and personal firewall software, re-register
VBScript, and then install iTunes.

-----

Any help would very much appreciated.

Thank you!
PaulB

RE: iTunes v7.2 Install Error
Found this in the General dicussion area:

In my case I opened a command prompt and changed to the \windows\system32
directory. Then I entered 'regsvr32 vbscript.dll' (without the quotes).

The command prompt shoud be opened with "Run as adminstrator". In my
case, the command prompt opened in C:\Windows\System32 which is where the
file vbscript.dll resides. Hence the command

regsver32 vbscript.dll

could be executed immediately.

After that iTunes+Quicktime installed with no hassle and then
Expression Media
also ran properly.
<

--
Paul

"Steven Path" wrote:

> I've tried to resolve this issue for the last few hours and I need help. When
> I try to upgrade to iTunes v7.2 (latest for Windows Vista) I get the
> following popup error:
>

> ---
>
> iTunes could not be installed because Visual Basic Script (VBScript) is not
> installed or has been disabled. Make sure VBScript is installed, turn off
> script blocking in anti-virus and personal firewall software, re-register
> VBScript, and then install iTunes.
>
> -----
>
> Any help would very much appreciated.
>
> Thank you!

PaulB

RE: iTunes v7.2 Install Error
http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...7%2e2+VBScript

--
Paul

"Steven Path" wrote:

> I've tried to resolve this issue for the last few hours and I need help. When
> I try to upgrade to iTunes v7.2 (latest for Windows Vista) I get the
> following popup error:
>

> ---
>
> iTunes could not be installed because Visual Basic Script (VBScript) is not
> installed or has been disabled. Make sure VBScript is installed, turn off
> script blocking in anti-virus and personal firewall software, re-register
> VBScript, and then install iTunes.
>
> -----
>
> Any help would very much appreciated.
>
> Thank you!

Steven Path

RE: iTunes v7.2 Install Error
Thank you very much Paul!! That worked. You saved me a lot of time.

"PaulB" wrote:

> Found this in the General dicussion area:
> >

> In my case I opened a command prompt and changed to the \windows\system32
> directory. Then I entered 'regsvr32 vbscript.dll' (without the quotes).
>
> The command prompt shoud be opened with "Run as adminstrator". In my
> case, the command prompt opened in C:\Windows\System32 which is where the
> file vbscript.dll resides. Hence the command
>
> regsver32 vbscript.dll
>
> could be executed immediately.
>
> After that iTunes+Quicktime installed with no hassle and then
> Expression Media
> also ran properly.
> <
>
> --
> Paul
>

> "Steven Path" wrote:
>
> > I've tried to resolve this issue for the last few hours and I need help. When
> > I try to upgrade to iTunes v7.2 (latest for Windows Vista) I get the
> > following popup error:
> >

> > ---
> >
> > iTunes could not be installed because Visual Basic Script (VBScript) is not
> > installed or has been disabled. Make sure VBScript is installed, turn off
> > script blocking in anti-virus and personal firewall software, re-register
> > VBScript, and then install iTunes.
> >
> > -----
> >
> > Any help would very much appreciated.
> >
> > Thank you!

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: iTunes v7.2 Install Error
Open an elevated Command Prompt to register the module vbscript.dll. To open an elevated Command Prompt, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.

Type the following in the Command Prompt window:

regsvr32 vbscript.dll

Press ENTER

More information:

Error "VBScript is not installed" when installing iTunes in a Windows Vista computer:
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/174/1/

iTunes and QuickTime for Windows cannot be installed without Visual Basic Script (VBScript):

Regards,