Express Upgrade a farce

acontiae

Express Upgrade a farce
Has anyone else had tremendous trouble with ModusLink BV located in Holland
serving express upgrades on behalf of Microsoft? I have been charged three
times for one Vista disk postage and packaging. I'd love to hear other
people's experiences on the matter. ModusLink charged me three times in March
and April and I'm yet to hear from them regarding a refund. Not impressed.
These people represent Microsoft's marketing interests and are making a very
negative impression.

-- acontiae
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Express Upgrade a farce
People have been having a problem with ModusLink all over the world since
last January when Vista was first released. Just Google ModusLink and you
see about 150,000 negative messages about them.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"acontiae" <acontiae@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone else had tremendous trouble with ModusLink BV located in
> Holland
> serving express upgrades on behalf of Microsoft? I have been charged three
> times for one Vista disk postage and packaging. I'd love to hear other
> people's experiences on the matter. ModusLink charged me three times in
> March
> and April and I'm yet to hear from them regarding a refund. Not impressed.
> These people represent Microsoft's marketing interests and are making a
> very
> negative impression.
>
> -- acontiae

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: Express Upgrade a farce
Assuming it is to your credit card, contact the credit card company to
complain.
If ModusLink fails to act, perhaps the card company can help.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"acontiae" <acontiae@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone else had tremendous trouble with ModusLink BV located in
> Holland
> serving express upgrades on behalf of Microsoft? I have been charged
> three
> times for one Vista disk postage and packaging. I'd love to hear
> other
> people's experiences on the matter. ModusLink charged me three times
> in March
> and April and I'm yet to hear from them regarding a refund. Not
> impressed.
> These people represent Microsoft's marketing interests and are
> making a very
> negative impression.
>
> -- acontiae

peeved

RE: Express Upgrade a farce
I have also had problems with Microsoft/Moduslink, I wanted the "cheap"
upgrade to Vista Business with the purchase of new Toshiba laptop, would
never have bought laptop otherwise. I followed instructions provided by
TOSHIBA/MODUSLINK websites.

From what I understand Microsoft has "outsourced" this process to MODUSLINK,
I captured new laptop/payment details on website, I received a confirmation
of order from MODUSLINK, MODUSLINK confirmation email said it was likely to
take some time to be shipped (6+ weeks). Towards end of May I checked the
status, order had changed to "cancelled", whereas previously it was "to be
shipped". I had received no notification of cancellation.

Ironically my problem is that Moduslink have not deducted payment, due to
this I dont have a leg to stand on as there is no payment. I still want the
upgrade both moduslink/microsoft are saying there hands are tied, offer no
longer stands, "tough" contact manufacturer (Toshiba). To me they all have a
hand in this, it is easy to fob a customer onto someone else.

Contact Citizens Advice Bureau, Watchdog, Which and raise the profile on
this shocking treatment, theres a lot of us out there not very happy ....

"acontiae" wrote:

> Has anyone else had tremendous trouble with ModusLink BV located in Holland
> serving express upgrades on behalf of Microsoft? I have been charged three
> times for one Vista disk postage and packaging. I'd love to hear other
> people's experiences on the matter. ModusLink charged me three times in March
> and April and I'm yet to hear from them regarding a refund. Not impressed.
> These people represent Microsoft's marketing interests and are making a very
> negative impression.
>
> -- acontiae

Teddie

RE: Express Upgrade a farce
I have not received any communications from ModusLink since April, I filled
in the forms they requested, but received no details of what to do next. Have
tried sending emails every two weeks since then but nothing.

- I still have not received any details about payment, or what other
evidence needs to be sent in and how.

- The phone lines seem to have been disconnected.

- I am now initiating a complaint via BBB and will take it up with Consumer
Direct, Trading Standards and the Fraud Office in the UK.

Someone mentioned a class action against Microsoft, if you have any more
details I'm in?