Upgraded from business to Ultimate

psanborn

Upgraded from business to Ultimate
we just upgraded a WS from business edition to ultimate. the owner wanted to
have his freecell and solitaire etc.. available. after the upgrade the games
are not listed or installed. anyone know why? in the updates that happened
after the install, texas holdem was installed but that was it. I know it
sounds trivial, but what has happened and how do we get this resolved?
Richard G. Harper

Re: Upgraded from business to Ultimate
Add the games - from Programs and Features in the Control Panel, select
"Turn Windows features on or off". From there it should be obvious.

"psanborn" <psanborn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> we just upgraded a WS from business edition to ultimate. the owner wanted
> have his freecell and solitaire etc.. available. after the upgrade the
> games
> are not listed or installed. anyone know why? in the updates that
> happened
> after the install, texas holdem was installed but that was it. I know it
> sounds trivial, but what has happened and how do we get this resolved?

David Dickinson

Re: Upgraded from business to Ultimate
"psanborn" <psanborn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> we just upgraded a WS from business edition to ultimate. the owner wanted
> have his freecell and solitaire etc.. available. after the upgrade the
> games
> are not listed or installed. anyone know why? in the updates that
> happened
> after the install, texas holdem was installed but that was it. I know it
> sounds trivial, but what has happened and how do we get this resolved?

I don't understand. My Vista Biz has the games you mentioned.

--
David ****inson
eveningstar at die-spammer-die dash mvps dot org

jerryw4386

"David ****inson" wrote:

> "psanborn" <psanborn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > we just upgraded a WS from business edition to ultimate. the owner wanted
> > have his freecell and solitaire etc.. available. after the upgrade the
> > games
> > are not listed or installed. anyone know why? in the updates that
> > happened
> > after the install, texas holdem was installed but that was it. I know it
> > sounds trivial, but what has happened and how do we get this resolved?

> I don't understand. My Vista Biz has the games you mentioned.
>
> --
> David ****inson
> eveningstar at die-spammer-die dash mvps dot org
> Please reply only to the newsgroup, not by email.
>
> Even Vista Enterprise has them someone did not look before thay leaped

OOOOH well
jerryw
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Upgraded from business to Ultimate
Psanborn

You did not need to buy Ultimate to get the games. The games are there in
the Business version, they just aren't enabled.

Open Control Panel and go to Programs and Features. In the Tasks list,
select Turn Windows Features On and Off. Place a check mark in the Games
option and click OK. The games will now appear on the Start/All Programs
menu.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP