Re: Apple Release Safari Browser for Vista and XP

Mark Rae

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/06...ng_experience/
http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/21...ty-flaw-safari

--
http://www.markrae.net

Chad Harris

Re: Apple Release Safari Browser for Vista and XP
Mark--

Interesting article on the crashes. I'm trying to put Safari through as
many paces as I can using articles on it to mod it, etc. So far it works
flawlessly, but I'm in US so I can't speak to other languages or countries.
As to security, I'm not too worried.

CH

"Mark Rae" <mark@markNOSPAMrae.net> wrote in message
> "Chad Harris" <vistaneedsmuchowork.net> wrote in message
>
>> Here's one answer to the MSFT IE team's refusal to fix crashes that
>> happen frequently with Adobe Flash (formerly Macromedia):
>>
>> Use Safari on Vista:
>>
>> Safari 3 Public Beta "The World's Best Browser Now on Windows Too!
>> Clinical Fact: Crashes a lot less than IE.
>> http://www.apple.com/safari/

> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/06...ng_experience/
> http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/21...ty-flaw-safari
>

> --
> http://www.markrae.net

Richard

Re: Apple Release Safari Browser for Vista and XP
Tom Lake

> Mark--
>
> Interesting article on the crashes. I'm trying to put Safari through as
> many paces as I can using articles on it to mod it, etc. So far it works
> flawlessly, but I'm in US so I can't speak to other languages or
> countries. As to security, I'm not too worried.

In the interest of fairness, the researcher crashed it. He didn't say it
was
definitely an exploitable bug.

I don't see it being twice as fast as IE. In fact, just the opposite is
true for me.
IE7 beats Safari on every Website I visit. Of course, Safari is just a beta
so
we'll see if the release version without debugging code lives up to the
hype.

Tom Lake

Jeanette

Tom Lake wrote:
> "Chad Harris" <vistaneedsmuchowork.net> wrote in message
>> Mark--
>>
>> Interesting article on the crashes. I'm trying to put Safari through as
>> many paces as I can using articles on it to mod it, etc. So far it works
>> flawlessly, but I'm in US so I can't speak to other languages or
>> countries. As to security, I'm not too worried.

> In the interest of fairness, the researcher crashed it. He didn't say it
> was
> definitely an exploitable bug.
>
> I don't see it being twice as fast as IE. In fact, just the opposite is
> true for me.
> IE7 beats Safari on every Website I visit. Of course, Safari is just a beta
> so
> we'll see if the release version without debugging code lives up to the
> hype.
>
> Tom Lake

Hmm.. The Safari browser crashes on the flash/shockwave test page.
Chad Harris

Re: Apple Release Safari Browser for Vista and XP
Jeanette--

So has IE 7/Vista RTM been crashing often with the event viewer error
attributing it to Adobe Flash (Adobe bought Macromedia).

CH