Reinstalling Vista Office 2007 Pro

jbs

Reinstalling Vista Office 2007 Pro
Ok..I'm about ready to jump off a cliff. My brand new DELL xps 410 is a
lemon and they're sending me a new one. Question..will I be able to load my
Office Pro 2007 to the new computer? If so, great!!!

If not, what do I do?
Chad Harris

Re: Reinstalling Vista Office 2007 Pro
Hey jbs--

life is great. Of course you can load Office back through XP onto Vista.
There are qualifications as to how Outlook performs with some of the older
versions but not with Office 2007 of course. Office 2007 is their newest
cash cow. Steve Sinofsky rushed Vista out with tons of bugs shipping, but
he makes the trains run on time and Office was his baby.

See for ref:

Description of the versions of Office that are supported on Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932087/en-us

www.slipstick.com

CH

Life is great for Scooter Libby the new Paris because in less than 54 hours
he will be ordered to prison and one of the Bush scum will be where they all
belong.

"jbs" <jbs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok..I'm about ready to jump off a cliff. My brand new DELL xps 410 is a
> lemon and they're sending me a new one. Question..will I be able to load
> my
> Office Pro 2007 to the new computer? If so, great!!!
>
> If not, what do I do?

jbs

Re: Reinstalling Vista Office 2007 Pro
Hi Chad,

Thanks for the reply. I'm running Vista on the new Dell XPS (unfortunately,
I wasn't given any choice..Vista or no PC from Dell). I've already loaded
Office Pro 2007 to one PC but it's going back and a new one is being shipped.
I was under the impression once I loaded Office, I couldn't load it
again...is that inaccurate?

"Chad Harris" wrote:

> Hey jbs--
>
> life is great. Of course you can load Office back through XP onto Vista.
> There are qualifications as to how Outlook performs with some of the older
> versions but not with Office 2007 of course. Office 2007 is their newest
> cash cow. Steve Sinofsky rushed Vista out with tons of bugs shipping, but
> he makes the trains run on time and Office was his baby.
>
> See for ref:
>
> Description of the versions of Office that are supported on Windows Vista
>
> www.slipstick.com
>
> CH
>
> Life is great for Scooter Libby the new Paris because in less than 54 hours
> he will be ordered to prison and one of the Bush scum will be where they all
> belong.
>

> "jbs" <jbs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Ok..I'm about ready to jump off a cliff. My brand new DELL xps 410 is a
> > lemon and they're sending me a new one. Question..will I be able to load
> > my
> > Office Pro 2007 to the new computer? If so, great!!!
> >
> > If not, what do I do?

Chad Harris

Re: Reinstalling Vista Office 2007 Pro
Office 2007 can be loaded on one desktop and one laptop as with the Office
2003 and other prior version licenses. If you mean you loaded it on the
original Dell that Dell is swapping out with you, I don't think you'll have
a problem, but if you do call MSFT>ask for activation, and they'll
straighten this out. Just have the service tag number of both pcs handy if
you can.

CH

> Hi Chad,
>
> Thanks for the reply. I'm running Vista on the new Dell XPS
> (unfortunately,
> I wasn't given any choice..Vista or no PC from Dell). I've already loaded
> Office Pro 2007 to one PC but it's going back and a new one is being
> shipped.
> I was under the impression once I loaded Office, I couldn't load it
> again...is that inaccurate?
>
> "Chad Harris" wrote:
>
>> Hey jbs--
>>
>> life is great. Of course you can load Office back through XP onto Vista.
>> There are qualifications as to how Outlook performs with some of the
>> older
>> versions but not with Office 2007 of course. Office 2007 is their newest
>> cash cow. Steve Sinofsky rushed Vista out with tons of bugs shipping,
>> but
>> he makes the trains run on time and Office was his baby.
>>
>> See for ref:
>>
>> Description of the versions of Office that are supported on Windows Vista
>>
>> www.slipstick.com
>>
>> CH
>>
>> Life is great for Scooter Libby the new Paris because in less than 54
>> hours
>> he will be ordered to prison and one of the Bush scum will be where they
>> all
>> belong.
>>

>> "jbs" <jbs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Ok..I'm about ready to jump off a cliff. My brand new DELL xps 410 is
>> > lemon and they're sending me a new one. Question..will I be able to
>> > load
>> > my
>> > Office Pro 2007 to the new computer? If so, great!!!
>> >
>> > If not, what do I do?

jbs

Re: Reinstalling Vista Office 2007 Pro
Hey..that's great news!!!

Do you happen to have a phone number for MSFT?

"Chad Harris" wrote:

> Office 2007 can be loaded on one desktop and one laptop as with the Office
> 2003 and other prior version licenses. If you mean you loaded it on the
> original Dell that Dell is swapping out with you, I don't think you'll have
> a problem, but if you do call MSFT>ask for activation, and they'll
> straighten this out. Just have the service tag number of both pcs handy if
> you can.
>
> CH
>
> "jbs" <jbs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Chad,
> >
> > Thanks for the reply. I'm running Vista on the new Dell XPS
> > (unfortunately,
> > I wasn't given any choice..Vista or no PC from Dell). I've already loaded
> > Office Pro 2007 to one PC but it's going back and a new one is being
> > shipped.
> > I was under the impression once I loaded Office, I couldn't load it
> > again...is that inaccurate?
> >
> > "Chad Harris" wrote:
> >
> >> Hey jbs--
> >>
> >> life is great. Of course you can load Office back through XP onto Vista.
> >> There are qualifications as to how Outlook performs with some of the
> >> older
> >> versions but not with Office 2007 of course. Office 2007 is their newest
> >> cash cow. Steve Sinofsky rushed Vista out with tons of bugs shipping,
> >> but
> >> he makes the trains run on time and Office was his baby.
> >>
> >> See for ref:
> >>
> >> Description of the versions of Office that are supported on Windows Vista
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932087/en-us
> >>
> >> www.slipstick.com
> >>
> >> CH
> >>
> >> Life is great for Scooter Libby the new Paris because in less than 54
> >> hours
> >> he will be ordered to prison and one of the Bush scum will be where they
> >> all
> >> belong.

Dave B.

Re: Reinstalling Vista Office 2007 Pro
The number will be provided by the activation wizard if you choose to
activate by phone.

--
----
> Hey..that's great news!!!
>
> Do you happen to have a phone number for MSFT?
>
> "Chad Harris" wrote:
>
>> Office 2007 can be loaded on one desktop and one laptop as with the
>> Office
>> 2003 and other prior version licenses. If you mean you loaded it on the
>> original Dell that Dell is swapping out with you, I don't think you'll
>> have
>> a problem, but if you do call MSFT>ask for activation, and they'll
>> straighten this out. Just have the service tag number of both pcs handy
>> if
>> you can.
>>
>> CH
>>
>> "jbs" <jbs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Chad,
>> >
>> > Thanks for the reply. I'm running Vista on the new Dell XPS
>> > (unfortunately,
>> > I wasn't given any choice..Vista or no PC from Dell). I've already
>> > loaded
>> > Office Pro 2007 to one PC but it's going back and a new one is being
>> > shipped.
>> > I was under the impression once I loaded Office, I couldn't load it
>> > again...is that inaccurate?

jbs

Re: Reinstalling Vista Office 2007 Pro
I didn't activate by phone...do you have a contact number?

Thanks!!

"Dave B." wrote:

> The number will be provided by the activation wizard if you choose to
> activate by phone.
>
> --
> ----
> How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> "jbs" <jbs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hey..that's great news!!!
> >
> > Do you happen to have a phone number for MSFT?
> >
> > "Chad Harris" wrote:
> >
> >> Office 2007 can be loaded on one desktop and one laptop as with the
> >> Office
> >> 2003 and other prior version licenses. If you mean you loaded it on the
> >> original Dell that Dell is swapping out with you, I don't think you'll
> >> have
> >> a problem, but if you do call MSFT>ask for activation, and they'll
> >> straighten this out. Just have the service tag number of both pcs handy
> >> if
> >> you can.
> >>
> >> CH

Dave B.

Re: Reinstalling Vista Office 2007 Pro
If your not activating by phone, why do you need the number?

--
----
>I didn't activate by phone...do you have a contact number?

jbs

Re: Reinstalling Vista Office 2007 Pro
See earlier message from Chad Harris.

"Dave B." wrote:

> If your not activating by phone, why do you need the number?
>
> --
> ----
> How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> "jbs" <jbs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I didn't activate by phone...do you have a contact number?

Chad Harris

Re: Reinstalling Vista Office 2007 Pro
jbs--

(800) 936-5700 and ask for activation if you need this number. It works
fine.

CH