Can I load saved (tib) data via Acronis from XP PRO?

srt

Can I load saved (tib) data via Acronis from XP PRO?
Hi,
Ive gone through the trauma of losing all stuff on XP Pro during an
"Upgrade"!!!
I had not saved the most recent stuff with Aconis 10 but I have some stuff
from January.
Is it possible to put that on to vista "Ultimate"? I tried earlier but it
screwed up and I had to do a fresh install again.!!!tia.
Stuart.

Rock

Re: Can I load saved (tib) data via Acronis from XP PRO?
"srt" wrote
> Hi,
> Ive gone through the trauma of losing all stuff on XP Pro during an
> "Upgrade"!!!
> I had not saved the most recent stuff with Aconis 10 but I have some stuff
> from January.
> Is it possible to put that on to vista "Ultimate"? I tried earlier but it
> screwed up and I had to do a fresh install again.!!!tia.

Acronis True Image 10 is compatible with Vista with the last several builds.
The most recent is build 4942. So yes you should be able to can restore
files from an ATI image.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

srt

"Rock" <Rock@nospam.net> wrote in message
> "srt" wrote
>> Hi,
>> Ive gone through the trauma of losing all stuff on XP Pro during an
>> "Upgrade"!!!
>> I had not saved the most recent stuff with Aconis 10 but I have some
>> stuff from January.
>> Is it possible to put that on to vista "Ultimate"? I tried earlier but it
>> screwed up and I had to do a fresh install again.!!!tia.

> Acronis True Image 10 is compatible with Vista with the last several
> builds. The most recent is build 4942. So yes you should be able to can
> restore files from an ATI image.
>
> --
> Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Thanks for the fast reply- - I will try again then- - I need to take things
slowly and read up on the process though.

"srt" <srt@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Rock" <Rock@nospam.net> wrote in message
>> "srt" wrote
>>> Hi,
>>> Ive gone through the trauma of losing all stuff on XP Pro during an
>>> "Upgrade"!!!
>>> I had not saved the most recent stuff with Aconis 10 but I have some
>>> stuff from January.
>>> Is it possible to put that on to vista "Ultimate"? I tried earlier but
>>> it screwed up and I had to do a fresh install again.!!!tia.

>> Acronis True Image 10 is compatible with Vista with the last several
>> builds. The most recent is build 4942. So yes you should be able to can
>> restore files from an ATI image.

> Thanks for the fast reply- - I will try again then- - I need to take
> things slowly and read up on the process though.
> Stuart.

You're welcome. I just did that today during some testing, as a matter of
fact. Make sure you have the latest version. You won't be able to restore
installed apps, but data files sure.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

...winston

Re: Can I load saved (tib) data via Acronis from XP PRO?
See Chapter 6 of the ATI 10 manual for instructions on how to restore
http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/download/docs/

A few questions.
Are you planning on restoring the XP image and starting over?
Are you planning on restoring just data and folders from an XP image to a Vista install
- if so..is it programs, data, or other
If just data, was it data in the XP's Documents and Settings folder ?

What does tried earlier and screwed up mean ?
- Restoring data, restoring an XP image to replace Vista etc..

..winston

"srt" <srt@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OSSkty$qHHA.4132@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
: Hi,
: Ive gone through the trauma of losing all stuff on XP Pro during an
: "Upgrade"!!!
: I had not saved the most recent stuff with Aconis 10 but I have some stuff
: from January.
: Is it possible to put that on to vista "Ultimate"? I tried earlier but it
: screwed up and I had to do a fresh install again.!!!tia.
: Stuart.
:
peter

Re: Can I load saved (tib) data via Acronis from XP PRO?
From within Acronis you can open a .tib file and see its contents....from
there you can restore individual files...
peter
"srt" <srt@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Rock" <Rock@nospam.net> wrote in message
>> "srt" wrote
>>> Hi,
>>> Ive gone through the trauma of losing all stuff on XP Pro during an
>>> "Upgrade"!!!
>>> I had not saved the most recent stuff with Aconis 10 but I have some
>>> stuff from January.
>>> Is it possible to put that on to vista "Ultimate"? I tried earlier but
>>> it screwed up and I had to do a fresh install again.!!!tia.

>> Acronis True Image 10 is compatible with Vista with the last several
>> builds. The most recent is build 4942. So yes you should be able to can
>> restore files from an ATI image.
>>
>> --
>> Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

> Thanks for the fast reply- - I will try again then- - I need to take
> things slowly and read up on the process though.
> Stuart.

Emil

Re: Can I load saved (tib) data via Acronis from XP PRO?
how do you actually restore the saved backup (.tib) file???

I imaged my drive, then installed windows XP now I want to restore my
backed up data! I used ACRONIS 10.0 and I just can't figure out! Do i
boot from the CD and just restore...never done this any help would be
appreciated!

"Emil" <emilg411@gmail.com> wrote
> how do you actually restore the saved backup (.tib) file???
>
> I imaged my drive, then installed windows XP now I want to restore my
> backed up data! I used ACRONIS 10.0 and I just can't figure out! Do i
> boot from the CD and just restore...never done this any help would be
> appreciated!

Are you talking about just restoring data files? If that's the case you can
do this by installing and running ATI from within XP. It can also be done
by booting either the ATI installation CD, or the bootable rescue media you
created. If you updated the ATI program to a later build than what came on
the CD, and you certainly should have, then make sure the bootable rescue
media is created from within that updated ATI build, and boot from that if
you want to restore from outside of windows.

Install ATI and read the help files for more info. There is also a .pdf
help document on the ATI installation CD with detailed info.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]